Friday, February 25, 2011

Applicant? OH! You mean ME!

Goooooood morning, AnoMALIE!!

Dear Applicant,
 
Your application for admission to the Graduate School for Fall 2011 has been given careful consideration by the field of English Language and Literature.  I'm very sorry to say that we have not been able to admit you to the MFA graduate program in English at Cornell.

This was a very difficult decision.  We received hundreds of applications for a very few places in the program, and so we had to turn down a number of very talented people with very impressive records, many of whom no doubt will go on to distinguished careers. We wish you all success in yours.      
 
Sincerely,

Samantha Zacher,
Director of Graduate Studies
Associate Professor


I woke up around 10 in the morning and saw that message in my inbox.
Beautiful.
Gorgeous.
Fantastic.
Awesome!
Blah.

Suddenly, my shitty attitude makes sense.
Why must I be so psychic?
Although... it wouldn't take a psychic to figure that out.

I could be more upset about this (I'm just your normal "sort-of-bummed" that any sort of rejection inflicts on a person)... but I'm not. Remember, the New York schools were my "what-the-fuck-ever" schools. I don't dig the weather... or the cost of living out there... and I strongly believe in my mantra of "The West Coast is the BEST coast." And who the fuck wants to live in Ithaca? (now I'm just starting to sound like a bitter ex-girlfriend. I NEVER loved you! I hated your haircut! Your laugh is STUPID! AND YOUR DICK IS TINY! FUCK YOU! OH! And the word is SUPPOSEDLY, you imbecile!)

The part that makes me feel bad is the time my recommenders had to waste on their letters. Sorry guys! I'll still steal you a silver sports car when I have the chance!

So umm... yeah... I think this concludes my Friday post.

No comments: