Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Concise Birthday

Today's JC's birthday.
We've always reciprocated on the birthday phone calls.
He sings to me on my birthday, I... agree to visit him when I call him on his birthday.
Whenever possible, I'd go to his birthday party and we'd spend the day doing whatever weird shit he'd be obsessed with.

This year was different.
He was skyping with his girlfriend when I called him... so it was awkward. HE was awkward.
The conversation felt like when you have unwanted guests at the house, and you're just trying to shoo them out of the front door as swiftly as possible.
We kept it short... as in "we talked for two minutes and 57 seconds" short (even his abusive phone call from the airport that one time he was going to take off to Argentina was longer than that... and all he really did was call me offensive names for not liking him the way he liked me. This time it was "How are you?" "Eh, I've been better. You?" "Eh. I'm taking summer school. It's interesting." "Cool.").
...
::single-tear-rolling-down-one-cheek::
Another one bites the dust.
Guys and their girlfriends...

It's not cool... and all joking/sarcasm set aside, it HURTS.
It feels like... I have a sumo wrestler resting on top of my chest... or like... I swallowed mercury.

Hopefully his balls are once again descended when Berlin time comes around... that's if our friendship is still solid by Fall.

But for now, the JC-AnoMALIE Adventures are--sadly-- over. He was my best guy-friend.
... as if I needed any MORE reasons to hate life... well, more like... find no sense in it.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, lasts... especially if it involves me.

No comments: