Monday, June 6, 2011

Libros, libritos

I'm not at my best right now.
I've been crying all day.
The way how nothing ever works out for me has really been making me... think crazy shit. No, I'm not PMSing... I'm just extremely fed up and I don't want to write it all out because I didn't set up this blog with the intention of ever writing any of my depressing bullshit.

Instead of typing out everything I'm really thinking, I'll just give the answer to last week's post.
I was talking to Mooney about it yesterday, and she brought it to my attention that the photo was blurry as fuck. So, here's my attempt at making the image a little clearer.

The books starting from the top shelf, left to right:
Upper far left.
Upper middle: Saint-Exupéry's "The Little Prince" and Dr. Seuss' "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"
(And two medals for running half-marathons. +)
Upper right.
Middle shelf, left side.
Middle shelf, right side.
Bottom shelf.
The winners are:
1. Wuthering Heights
THAT is my book.

2. The Great Gatsby
Another of my top reads.

3. Oh, the Places You'll Go!
One of my favorites since elementary school. Now, it just makes me cry... hard.

4. Tender is the Night
Little did I know I would be the one getting destroyed...

5. Le Petit Prince
Gold. Pure Gold.

6. Lolita
Yep. You know it.

The middle shelf is filled with the books he had/has to read for his Poli Sci concentration.
Niiiice, but obviously, not books I'd ever read...
I'm good knowing my dude has read them... maybe he can explain them to me.

The bottom shelf is full of french books. While I DETEST France and I'd rather extract my own wisdom tooth with a screwdriver than interact with a Parisian, I have to admit... I... still have a soft spot for France... since I WASTED four years of my life learning that bullshit language.
SO, seeing that he too obviously studies French, it makes me sympathize... it's cute. More shit in common is always a plus.

But those top six books are absolute winners and made me immediately infatuated.
I would then go off and read a little from this infamous book each night :
He MUST own this for the sole purpose of banging girls.
'cause I know it would certainly work on me.
That wolf.
And well... there should be no doubt as to why I now want to propose to this guy.
(I'm being sarcastic... but I DO find him irresistible now) 
Thank you, literacy!

No comments: