Sunday, July 3, 2011

Beneficiary

Rafa has been very weird this last week.
By "very weird" I mean he has been going around HUGGING me. A normal hug. No ruffling of my hair, no biting of my head, no headlock. A normal, loving, brotherly hug.
WTF, are you dying or something? What the hell is going on?
And it's not like he'll hug me when I'm about to go to bed or leave the house... he'll do it randomly.
He'll bump into me in the kitchen as I'm washing vegetables... or I'll be walking out of the bathroom... and he'll wrap his arms around me and squeeze me (very, very tightly) without saying a word.
My head gets pressed against his chest, and I can't do anything but just sit there immobilized and confused.
It makes me feel like a baby.
All he needs to do is grab a blanket, swaddle me, and sing me a lullaby.
Are you reading my diary? What's the deal with this freaky, sincere affection, bro? What happened to the pinching, the pokes, and the cheap-shots? Is everything ok?

Today, as I walked over to the kitchen to make my breakfast, I decided to read a sheet of paper-- that was in my way-- before throwing it away:
Designation of Beneficiary
Unpaid Compensation of Deceased Civilian Employee
Ohhhh!.
A. Identification
Bro's Info
Ah! Ok. THAT'S why he has been hugging me... he's thinking of his mortality.
B. Information Concerning The Beneficiaries
My Info. Designated 50% of the share.
D's Info. Designated 50% of the share.
::gasp:: Rafita! :(
C. Witnesses
My folks and their signatures.

Obviously he has to do this shit for his job as a US diplomat, I get it.
But it's just an ugly feeling to think of him dead.
Who gives a fuck about the money... I'd be more concerned over the fact that he'd be DEAD to think at all about money.

Now even I want to hug him randomly without saying a word (though I'm sure he'd break that embrace with his typical "What the fuck are you doing? That's some gay shit!" comment).

He leaves in a week.
:(

Then I get to visit him at the end of August, where it'll be MY turn to pester him at his home in DC.
(another weird thing he has been doing has been him being SO freaking eager for me to book my flight to visit him. THREE DAYS IN A ROW he tried pressuring me into booking my flight... and he's gunning for longer than a week's stay. I think he secretly wants me to be there to be his fucking maid-- to cook and clean for him. I just know it! A tiny little will can't be solely responsible for all this bizarre showcase of brotherly love of his. But you know I'd do it... because I love that little wildebeest with all my heart)

No comments: