Thursday, July 21, 2011

GI Jane Status

Wow. The fucking backlash from people after seeing I cut my hair.

I didn't even post an "after" of myself... and I'm not going to either (don't get it twisted, this doesn't mean I don't like my haircut. Mooney did a terrific job on it and I'm ecstatic with it... especially since it makes running out to the gym so quick and effortless! THANK YOU, MOONEY! You rock!). If you want to see what my hair looks like now, then find me. Boom.
Anyway, it's always the same song and dance with those people. They freak out the moment they hear I cut my hair. Granted, I DO look like Pocahontas sometimes, losing a beloved Disney character is always tough... but still, they know that the moment they see me walking around with my hair almost down to my bellybutton, I have a special intention for it.
"Before" photo.
That's me, imitating Pocahontas as she watched John Smith sail away.
"BUT I TAUGHT YOU TO FIIISH!"
They may do it as... a joke, or whatever, but it makes me sad, because it's people like them that make such a trivial thing like having long hair, into a big deal. The poor kids going through chemo, or the ones suffering from alopecia, feel subhuman with a bald head because of frivolous comments from people like the ones complaining.
:(
Thinking of that keeps ME from freaking out over haircuts (though I did scream when Mooney cut my braids... I mean... it's a little jarring... and I was in the privacy of my bathroom. I would NEVER do that in public, scream that is).
It's OK, little kids... it's ok, it's ok, it's ok!

Now, I love my friends and everything, and everyone is made different and blah blah blah, but it does irritate me to an extent, even if I do joke with them about the hair.
The outraged girls irritated me, but there was also an outraged guy this time around.
He commented on the photo I posted of my chopped hair.
16 inches...
that could have easily been 18, but I needed to give Mooney some leeway for when she'd fix my haircut. 
But when I was going to respond to him, he deleted the comment... so I went to his page and asked him what the fuck was wrong with him.
Him: Are you GI Jane status?
Me: No... I'm Natalie Portman V for Vendetta status!
Me: Jk. It's up to my chin.
Him: I was shocked.
Him: Dyke.

?!?
It's just not my fucking week with dudes.

A guy THAT concerned with a girl's hair-length needs to check himself.
However, I'm glad it takes something as SIMPLE as a haircut to reveal someone who is not worth a motherfucking second of my time.

It's hair, goddamn it! Hair, HAIR, HAIR!
CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

4 comments:

Mooney said...

WHO WAS THAT?! I'll kill'em! *takes wand out* Haha. YAY! I'm SO glad you like your hair! :D I'm hella proud now.

AnoMALIE said...

I'm gonna go to your house and proudly show your mom lol :)

Kelley Karas said...

Yeah I was surprised at the hate. :( UNCALLED FOR!

AnoMALIE said...

makes me hope they never have to deal with something like... well, cancer :/