Saturday, July 9, 2011

fut fut fut

Surprisingly, soccer has been ruling over my world these last few weeks.
First the Gold Cup... then it was followed up by the Women's World Cup. Within a few days, the Copa America joined the party. The u-17 world cup didn't want to be left behind (so in all, three tourneys are currently going on and it's hard to make time to watch them all).

I must say, while I AM a girl, and I DO play sports, this Women's World Cup is incredibly exasperating.
The pace is so slow, their dribbling sucks dick for the most part, and the power of their shots is weak. I feel like ripping my hair out as I watch... you know, so I can keep from falling asleep.
But still... I watch.

The Copa America is pretty much in the same category. Almost all the fucking teams are tying 0-0... except for Mexico. Those fuckers have lost both matches. Now, I could be ashamed and fall victim to the taunts form my South American friends... but see, this team they sent to play the cup is the scrub team. All under the age of 22. So... eh, whatever. Let them get their practice in.

What HAS been exciting has been watching the U-17 kids go at it. Mexico's squad made it to the finals after an insane quarter final match against Germany. Only with young kids will you ever hear of Mexico beating Germany... because teenage boys seem to be the same build at that age (unlike once they reach adulthood. Poor Mexican guys look like babies compared to the towering Europeans).
I used to know which video was the one where you could only see the last goal-- the bicycle kick-- but I'll settle for this one. Though it's weak quality, it DOES show all the goals scored.

Just lovely.

Let's go, little guys!

No comments: