Saturday, July 30, 2011

Darts

So, there has been a slight change in plans.

Looks like I'll be in DC from the 24th until the 30th of August. I had to change my itinerary because Rafa really wants us to go to his graduation.
Rafa: If you go that week, you'll get to see the Department of State! (or something like that. I don't pay too much attention when I'm on the phone)
Me: ... um... ok. I guess.
As much as I tried to avoid it, it looks like I'll be taking a two week break.
Sucks balls for my gym regiment... I'm pretty sure I'll be vomiting on my first day back... but you gotta do what you gotta do.
The good thing out of it is that I'll be traveling with my little momster... so I'll always have company. While that little lady often drives me insane, I have to admit that most of the time, just looking down at her makes me want to squeeze her. She's so little and cuddly, it's hard to contain myself. Plus, Mom's the one who gave me my bitch face... so her "bitch face" is mine multiplied by five. You don't fuck with my mom... and my usually-soft self loves it, because Mom can intimidate ANY criminal. HA!

That two week break (I'm dreading it a little, because I'll get back from chicago the 23rd at midnight, and leave for DC seven hours later. I'm going to be fucking dead) almost turned into a three week break, because Mom was trying to convince me to accompany her to Hometown. We were seriously going to book a trip for the 3rd through the 11th, however, yesterday, out of nowhere, Dad told us of that one lady at his church-- the psychic one. She had a "vision" and told him we were "in danger... in the mountains. I see people shooting... huge darts at all of you. Many, many darts."
?????
Dad kind of laughed at her. "Well... we don't even go to the mountains, so... I think we're good."
When he told us about "this crazy lady," Mom and I just looked at each other. This Mexico talk was strictly between us two... Dad had no idea we were even considering it.
How the fuck does this lady know all this shit? Where the hell does she get this information?!
So yeah, NO Mexico.
... darts. DARTS! How fucking dramatic is that mental image? Enemies shooting darts at the photograph of their enemy... sheesh.

Speaking of darts, Darcy will be in town while I'm away. I think I'll only be here for the first week of his visit.

You know, when it comes to astrology, they are on point when they say Pisces retreat to their imagination to cope with their reality.
I've done that since I was... a baby. Ever since I can remember, I'd get past tough times by resorting to my imagination. Well, not always "tough" but just scenarios that weren't what I wish they were.
Sorry, I know I've mentioned this before... but it's a coping mechanism I use a lot (in case you haven't noticed). In this case, it's no different.
I'm just going to use this as an excuse for not seeing the guy, again.
Well, it's not like you'd hang out with him if you WERE in town anyway.
Shut up! Let's ignore that completely. Let's just say it didn't happen because I'm out of town. Shhhh!

But don't worry, I'm not SO deluded to actually believe it. It just makes things... easier. 

No comments: