Friday, July 1, 2011

Volunteered

Haven't had the best couple of days recently... but today I received terrific news without even asking for it:
Dad gave me clearance to visit JC in the Fall.
Apparently Mom was talking to him about JC living in Berlin this upcoming semester, and my dad volunteered me to visit JC during that time... without Mom even mentioning my intentions.
Germany off my map, suckaaa!
Portugal, you're next!

The smile returned to my face.

Now let's hope that leash on the boy disappears by then.

Not 100 words? Ok, I'll try reaching it somehow.

Happy first of the month?
Which reminds me, I learned something new today:
People on Welfare get refills on their stamps on the first of the month.
Apparently stores are packed the first couple of days of the month because of this little factoid.
I only recently found out because my friend's mom complained about it as she was heading out to the store to buy ingredients for ceviche.
I was laughing for a good two minutes. The little lady was upset, but the urge for ceviche was stronger, so she decided to put up with the traffic.

Is that 100 words? I got nothing.
It's Friday before 4th of July... I can't think too clearly and I'm not in the mood to communicate...
I got some boys to pick up from the airport... Rafa's friends... a bachelor party.
How the hell do I end up with these odd jobs?

2 comments:

Mooney said...

Totally off topic of your entry but I've just finished reading an Austen inspired novel that had a piece of a conversation that reminded me of us;

"It'd be better to be sorry for yourself...Figure out what is real for you. No use leaning on someone else's story all your life. You know, that book [Pride and Prejudice] did Austen herself no good--died a spinster...Not that there's anything wrong with spinsters."

"Of course not. Spinster is just an archaic term for 'career-minded.'"

AnoMALIE said...

:)
LOVE IT!