Saturday, July 9, 2011

punishment: dishes

I hate doing the dishes. I fucking detest it.
However, since I'm a girl, Dad has always made it his mission to drill it in D and my head that it's "women's work." When Mom tried getting Rafa in on the dish-washing action, Dad was outraged, and nearly fought with Mom, because "THAT MAKES MEN GAY! THREE WOMEN IN THE HOUSE, AND YOU HAVE THE MAN DO THE DISHES?!"
Rafa doesn't have this mentality... though he doesn't really give a shit about washing dishes, so he tends to just accumulate them in the sink... then the table... then the living room floor. When he does try to wash the dishes, it's possibly the saddest excuse for "cleaning."
Anyway, Rafa wanted to do his dishes today, because he was going to cook some sort of fish... and he knows that when people prepare fish, I'm dying of a heart attack because it grosses me the fuck out (to the point where I'm fainting and barfing all over the house. Me and fish DO NOT get along).
As he stood at the sink, he brought back a memory I seem to have forgotten:

Rafa: Remember that one time you guys blackmailed me into doing the dishes?
Me: No... when the hell was that?
Rafa: It was that one time... when I was on that junky-ass moped. 
Me:... Moped?
Rafa: Yeah, when we'd go to my aunt's house, and they had that old moped... and we played that game where you and *shortCousin* would try and hit me with footballs. I'd try dodging them as I sped away.
Me:... umm... no... not really... ?
Rafa: I was dodging all of them, but at one point, you and *shortCousin* threw it at the same time. I dodged *shortCousin*'s ball, but your throw clocked me right in the head, and I wound up losing control in that one cul-de-sac and I busted my wrist.
Me: Mmmm... I'm kind of remembering.
Rafa: Then you and D were going to tell on me, since Mom had prohibited me from riding the moped in the first place... so I promised I'd do your guy's dishes for a week.
Me: Hahaha! Ok, I remember!
Rafa: I'd be doing the dishes once Dad fell asleep... trying to be as quiet as possible... doing it all with ONE hand, because my other hand was fucked up, and you guys would just stand there, laughing. You fucking little blackmailing rats.

Ah, yes... good times, good times.

No comments: