Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dar Gracias

So...
I'm sure even a stranger off the street can tell I'm not having the time of my life.
This last year has been... rough, to put it mildly. This last month has REALLY gone to town with the "Well, THAT'S fucked up" department.

But... in my attempt to get up off the floor and quit dancing with the ropes, I'll make a list in honor of today's holiday.

Things I am thankful for:
  1. Peanut Butter. You make my life, peanut butter!
  2. Bacon. Though I haven't had bacon since May, rest assured that I still adore this delicious food of the gods.
  3. Almonds... pecans... pistachios... walnuts... peanuts... pretty much any type of nut. So. Good.
  4. Chocolate. Obviously.
  5. Flowers.
  6. Green grass... not to be confused with weed. I'm not down with that green.
  7. Rain.
  8. Stars. 
  9. Clear, bright skies.
  10. Sriracha sauce.
  11. Hot peppers. Ranging from Jalapeño to Habanero, Arbol to Ghost... chile completes me.
  12. The gym and its trainers. BOY, OH BOY! Have you changed my life this year. CHRIST!
  13. My travels. I hadn't thought about all the traveling I did over the year... but shit, I went to a lot of places. It's my... delirio. I adore this activity.
  14. Tyson. He's a picky, remarkably stubborn little fucker... but he knows what to do when any one of us is upset. He's the best dog for us. Long live the massively misunderstood pitpulls. 
  15. Rafa. What can I say about my broski? We've had our intense fights/arguments... but he's the best brother I could have asked for. I'm happy for the closeness we've acquired this last year... it's pretty noticeable.
  16. D. We fight... a lot... especially recently... but we constantly work on our relationship and try to be... sisters. However, she cracks me up. And keeps me company when I most need it. I'm glad that stupid little brat's in my life. I'll still fuck any one up if they hurt her.
  17. My parents. Again, I fight a lot with them... but they've been very understanding of my... situation. They have done so much to try to comfort me and make me feel like less of a loser. They give me anything and everything I need/want. They may not be very "traditional" in the American sense... but they are awesome human beings that I love with every little inch of my very-beat-up heart. They're the reason for my heart's first beat, and the main reason my heart continues to beat.
  18. My friends. My friends. My friends. I owe whatever is left of my sanity to THEM. I may not have as many as other folks... but my group of friends is by far the most incredible group of people with whom I could have ever dreamed of surrounding myself. They enrich my life, and snap me back into reality when I most need it. They try to keep me from falling too hard into the trenches I dig for myself... and they are always there to lend me a hand when I very stubbornly still decide to roll chin-deep in the muddy trench. They're the yin to my yang... as corny as it may sound... as trite as it may be. This year proved it to me the most (that my friends complete me... not that I'm corny and trite... though I'm sure that's true too)
  19. My family. Well... while this will be the negative bit of this entry, I have to be sincere and clarify: my MATERNAL side of the family. They are... my everything. They put a smile on my face... and hell, even food in my tummy (LOVE IT!). They've always made me feel welcomed and appreciated... and that's something I will always hold close to my heart.
I may not be too full of sunshine recently... but I truly am thankful for everyone and everything that has attempted to put the smile back on my face. I notice... and I do appreciate it... with every ounce of my being.
I'll get better... I promise.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

It's nice to see someone focusing on the positive aspects of life. I should follow your example. I hope you had a happy holiday.