Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Make it fit

For those days when I feel lost at sea, fighting to stay afloat as an anvil is attached to both my ankles, I have days like today.

It was pretty much a given that the day was going to be good when the other Mexican in the building announced it was her birthday.
FOUR co-workers brought her a cake.
I have a bitch of a time trying to remember to get A cake for myself... how the fuck does a person get FOUR? (she's awesome, plain and simple... which is plausible for this lady... or the cakes are laced with arsenic because SO MANY people want you dead... which would probably be MY case if I ever get four cakes)


I've had to prove myself to this lady because she happens to be a paranoid Mexican, who is never quite sure what other's intentions might be. I'm pretty much the same way, so I don't hold that shit against her.
Anyway, I'm not quite sure what the hell I did, but it appears I've passed her test. The lady chats me up, cracks jokes... and she's pretty chummy with me.
Well, since she had four cakes to eat, she went ahead and cut her first one at around 10AM. Red Velvet.
She walked to my cubicle and handed me the biggest slice.
Jesus Christ... this sugar's gonna fuck me up! But... I can't turn it down! I just barely got in her good graces... the moment I turn down her birthday cake is the moment I go ahead and replace that goddamn bullseye on my back... Oh! The fucking predicament!
And so, there I was, 10 in the morning, munching on a monster slice of red velvet cake.... licking every last bit of the cream cheese frosting.
I felt like a beast... but it was so good. And hey, it made the birthday girl happy (me, not so much. Ten minutes later, damn sugar rush gave me a head ache).

At work, the day seemed to be "Make AnoMALIE Giggle" day... or they all fucking read my blog or something... because every single person in the office was being freakishly pleasant to me... downright sweet. Every single person in the office made me smile.

Most memorable conversation?
I was working on a rush project with Musketeer, and we were trying to figure out if some documents were all going to fit in one binder, or if we were going to have to split the job (which would suck, because we had to copy it all three times. So, the less binders fucked around with, the better for us).
We were set on using only two binders for the job, but it appeared like maybe a third was going to have to be used.
Musketeer: Does it look like it's all going to fit in there?
I sit there, hellbent on making all the documents fit in one binder.
Me: Oh, I'll MAKE IT fit!
DudeIHaveAMildCrushOn: Now who DOESN'T wanna hear that?

It had been a minute since I had dealt with that sort of banter.
Reminded me why I like hanging out with dudes: they know how to make me laugh.

No comments: