Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2 Weeks

When people are mean to me, and push me near my breaking point... you know, the point where I give them the Jesus Stare, I've said the only thing I'm thinking is "why?"
It's this question that keeps me from ripping the person's face off, getting shipped to jail, and consequently, getting placed on death row.

When I meet assholes, cruel people, folks that enjoy the pain and suffering of others, I can't halp but wonder what in the fucking world made them that way.
I convince myself there's a reason behind their rotten behavior.
So I forgive... because I too have my own traumas that makes me an asshole sometimes. I usually know I'm being an asshole, but it's beyond my control... shit you acquire during your youth is fucking hard as hell to shake off. SO, I assume I'm not alone in this behavior.

I mention this because today I FINALLY realized why Ms. Catty is such a relentless cunt to me.
And I understand.

When I showed up to work, they gave me the cubicle that belonged to the lady who sat next to Musketeer. The folks in charge assured me this was cool.
Once the lady showed up, she went off and worked in another part of the office without much drama.

Well, I've been working at that same cubicle for a month now.
Today, the lady I unwittingly usurped came to work with a huge smile on her face. She was unusually chirpy because all of the coworkers were curious as to why she looked so happy.
She came clean:
Today's my last day of work!
OnlyMexicanOtherThanMeInThatOffice: YOU'RE JOKING! YOU'RE JOKING!
PleaseBeJoking!PleaseBeJoking!PleaseBeJoking!PleaseBeJoking!PleaseBeJoking! I DON'T want to replace you! I don't want to work here forever!
PoorLadyIUnwittinglyReplaced: Nope. I put in my two weeks notice two weeks ago. Today is my last day working.
OnlyMexicanOtherThanMeInThatOffice: OH MY GOD! NO! I'M GOING TO MISS YOU! WHO ELSE IS GOING TO BRING ME ADOBO?!
(Why the fuck are we Mexicans so fucking loud? She seriously sounds like that ALL THE TIME)
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

They proceeded to have a conversation about WHY she put her two weeks notice.
I guess they had been treating her like shit for some time... but the straw that broke the camel's back was when they placed me in her cubicle.
OH MY GOD! I'M SO SORRY!!!!
Ms. Catty is PoorLady's bestie.
Since Ms. Catty holds a managerial job, she was aware of the two weeks notice, but no one else in the office did (well, none of us scanners. PoorLady had asked them to please keep it on the downlow).

I felt as if someone had just kneed me in the gut.
I wanted to cry.
I slouched in my seat and... wanted to disappear. The guilt was unbearable.
She was a fucking sweet lady!
God, I'd hate ME too! This explains so much! I get you, Ms. Catty, I get you.

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why I hold off on beating the shit out of people when they're mean to me.
There always has to be something behind people's behavior... unless, you know, they're psychopaths or whatever.

No comments: