Monday, November 21, 2011

Schweinchen

Know what makes the damage of a shit-tastic weekend go away in a matter of a second?
Getting paid.

I picked up my last paycheck this morning... and I even skipped out of the building... after slamming the front door shut.
Me, resentful? Naaaaahhhh.

A couple of weeks back, Musketeer and I had been talking about the Silly Symphony episodes that would air on Disney when we were little. I told him how my mom recorded all of them on VHS. We'd sit there, vigilant to whenever we'd see the Silly Symphony sign, and we'd press record.
It took us a shitload of time to get all of the episodes together.
Anyway, I gave him the VHS, and he promised he's convert it to DVD for me.
Well, since I no longer work there, I asked him if I could get my VHS back today along with my paycheck.
I wasn't expecting the DVD to be ready, but there it was. He had burned me a copy.

I've spent the last couple of hours watching the DVD with Mom and D.
Hilarious memories.
We had a good laugh when we watched "The Three Little Wolves."
Now as adults, we can tell the wolves sing a song about pig parts in German.

Me: What the hell?! And here we'd be trying to sing along... to fucking German!
D: NO WONDER MY ENGLISH WAS SO BROKEN (out of us three siblings, she had the hardest time grasping the English language. She started speaking English at about... seven years of age)! ::sings a song she'd sing as a kid. The words were "invented" according to us, but what did we know? We only spoke Spanish:: I was speaking German the whole time!

Ah, sweet, ghetto youth!

I needed that laugh.

No comments: