Thursday, May 17, 2007

Army Boys.

I have a ton of loves in my life. I love drawing... I love taking pictures (of others!)... I love horses... and I love military boys.
I love giving my brother a hard time about the last one any chance I get.

Bro: Hey, is Mom there?
Me: Yeah, of course, it's 10 PM.
Bro: Can I talk to her?
Me: Give her a minute, she's just finishing up in the laundry room.
(Mom takes longer than expected)
Me: So... when you comin' home?
Bro: Well, I was going to leave today, but I decided to go see one of my friends who just had a kid.
Me: Oh... so where are you right now?
Bro: Fort Huachuca.
Me: Ah...
(Mom's still doing something in the laundry room)
Bro: Yeah... so I think I'll be home tomorrow night.
Me: Where are you staying for now?
Bro: Hanley's place.
Me: Oh... is he there?
Bro: ... yeah.
Me: Like... next to you, right there?
Bro: Yes.
Me: Tell him I say hello.
Bro: Why? He's my friend.
Me: You tell him I say hello, damn it. He's mine too.
Bro: (to Hanley) My sister says hi.
Hanley: Hey *AnoMALIE*
Bro: There... now put Mom on the line!
(Mom's coming towards me now)
Me: Tell him I say he looks good.
Bro: Put Mom on!
Me: Nope... not till you tell Hanley he looks good.
Bro: (to Hanley) She says you look nice.
Me: No... I said looks good.
Bro: When I get home, you better watch your back.
Me: Huh? What? You don't wanna talk to Mom?
Bro: (to Hanley) She said you look good.
Me: Thank you. Here's Mom.

Why anger an army guy by hitting on his army friends? Because I can... and knowing he's a couple hundred miles away from me also helps.

1 comment:

Kelley Karas said...

show time is 7pm.. be ready by 5:45 (so we can pick up my favorite emo)