Thursday, May 10, 2007

Día de las Mamis Mexicanas

Querida Madrecita:
Feliz Día de Las Madres!


Con mucho cariño,
Su Niña Peleonera.


Mexican mothers have it real nice here in the U.S. of A. They get their day celebrated twice whenever the 10th of May doesn't fall on a Sunday.

We've never done anything out of the ordinary... we usually just hug Mom, excuse ourselves for not having anything to give her ("We're broke... if not, you'd have some bomb ass car waiting in the driveway..."), then we let her choose the day's activities.

She usually chooses to go to a buffet... and there's nothing in this world I dislike more than going to a buffet.
To kill it, Mom absolutely adores sea-food. There's this one particular buffet she digs, one that makes only sea-food. She loves that place... and she always wants to pick it, however, since yours truly over here would rather pierce her tongue with a rusty nail than eat at a sea-food joint... Mom usually picks something she thinks I'll like (i.e. The Olive Garden... which I'm fucking sick of).
I (always) turn the place down and let Mom know that, since it's her day, she can go out and stuff her face with crab legs, oysters, calamari, etc. (don't you just love how gently I put it? "Stuff her face," I'm an awesome daughter. However, I kid you not, Mom was raised to be quite the frugal person, so she takes full on advantage of a buffet and literally stuffs her face)

That's exactly what Mom's up to right now. She's out with Daddy at their favorite buffet, while Little Sister's working. What am I doing? I'm trying to chill the hell down!
I saw my Final grade for biochem... and I almost passed out.
I also almost hyperventilated, and then I started screaming "Oh my God! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Oh my God, am I dreaming?!"
Yeah, I'm overly dramatic... but I'm so glad this class is done with and that I passed very nicely... now I can most definitely graduate in the Winter (if only I hadn't been such a fucking slacker and actually done everything on time... I would have been walking on Saturday. Oh well. I think it's me subconsciously refusing to grow up).

Anyway! This was supposed to be about my Mom... but I then had to ruin it all by checking my grades and getting all hyped up about that instead.

Sorry Ma, I really do try to be sentimental... but it's just so hard!
Just know you're my lovely Mommy that I love because you gave me life, you taught me to love school and how to be crafty (although I suck at it), how to be disciplined (how can I forget the spankings with that leather belt that had burros, cacti, and Charros printed on it?!)... you played Nintendo with me... got me to love Super Mario Brothers... Punch-Out!!... and Rambo... and... knives? (better post on US Mother's Day, promise!... you know... unless I see I aced histology... then I'll freak the hell out again. Sorry, Mamacita!)

1 comment:

Kelley Karas said...

Ah, damn. Can't spoil MD with your histo grade now Miss smarty pants. Hehehehe, I say it with love. Good job!!! =-)