Tuesday, May 15, 2007

OMG! IP! TY,SJ!

It's official: this semester has gone down as the "Oh, my God! I passed?! Thank you, Sweet Jesus!" semester.

I first heard it last week, upon checking my Biochemistry grade and proclaiming "Oh my God! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" and then crying for a good ten minutes and finally getting the shakes from all the excitement (yeah, I overdo it when I'm happy).

I heard the same thing yesterday, as my little sister checked her grade on-line alongside her best buddy, Twiggy.
(Little Sister and Twiggy in the computer room)
Little Sister: Oh my God!! Oh my God!!
Twiggy: What? What?!
(Me, in the living room: WTF? What are they doing in there?)
Little Sister: I passed! I passed! I got a C PLUS in stats! Thank you, Diosito! AnoMALIE! I got a C plus in stats!
Me: Well, shit, how'd you pull that off?
Little Sister: I don't know! Thank you, Jesus!
Twiggy: Check mine, check mine!
(they check)
Little Sister and Twiggy together: Oh my God! A C plus!
(screaming, jumping up and down proceed right next to me)
Twiggy: Oh man! There is a God!
(silence)
Little Sister: What?! You were thinking there wasn't a God because you're too much of a dumb fuck to pass a stats exam?
Twiggy: Relax, man, I was joking.
Little Sister: No, Twiggy. You're a dumb ass. There is a God. You're an idiot! Don't talk to me.
(Me: Well, then... way to make things awkward. Note to self: Don't ever make a joke about a higher power while in the presence of Little Sister)

I then read a similar expression when I got on-line this morning:
Lucky Soprano Bulletin:
Subject: yea!!!
Body: I passed art history with mccrazie!!! thank you Jesus! : D
I wrote back to her, congratulating her and agreeing on her professor's craziness.

I went about my daily business, but when I came back from running, I saw Chase had sent me two texts while I was away, and had called me... I think twice?
Text #1: Dude
Text #2: OMG!
Umm... ok? You OK there, buddy?
I called, she told me to check my Mam Phys grade... and she sounded super excited (were you crying, dude? J/K).
I had originally checked that class as FAILED in my book (for a second time around) even before taking the final exam (that class really sucked balls) but lo and behold... a beautiful C came up on the screen.
Me: Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Thank you, sweet Jesus!
Chase: I know, right?
Me: Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! I passed!
Chase: I know, right?
(this could go on for ever... we can be valley girls when we try. I know, right?)

So... that is what Spring 2007 is going to be known as: OMG! IP! TY, SJ!

My sweet ass Summer has just begun!
(Now fucking gas prices better go down so I don't feel so bad about visiting the Grand Canyon's Skywalk!)

OMG! IP! TY, SJ!

No comments: