Monday, May 14, 2007

I am here to pump (handclap) you up!

Today I realized I accidentally became the owner of a pair of leggings.

I forget how long they've been popular... but I'm sure it's not more than two years... I mean, they're already losing their popularity.
I sort of wanted to own a pair not too long ago... they seemed like a good idea.
However, when it came to actually purchasing a pair, I'd back out... mainly because I've never been too keen on them (elementary school memories I'd rather forget).

Well, I guess since I was in such a rush to get out of the store yesterday (where that one guy was being rude to his wife), I never really checked out the pair of "running pants" I bought.
I went to the sportswear section, grabbed a black pair of pants, and then headed to the swimsuit section where I was turned off from shopping any further. I then didn't pay any attention to the pants the rest of the day.

As I was getting ready to run this morning, I felt that the pants fit a little too snuggly around my calves.
What the hell is this? Is my sister right?

My Little Sister was the first to come to mind because she bitched at me the other day when I was stretching in her room.

Little Sister: Ew, man... that's sick.
Me: What?
(I reach over to the back of my pants... I'm a firm believer that crack kills)
Little Sister: Your calves...
Me: What about them? They look good!
(I flex my calves to piss off my overreacting sister some more)
Little Sister: They look all... manly... that's fucking sick.
Me: Oh man... this is nothing... just wait till I'm done with my calves! I'll be able to lift cars with these babies!

So that conversation came back to my head when I felt the tight fit of the pants.
Freakin' A... I'll go easy on the calves... WTF! Pants shouldn't fit this way!

I stepped to my room and checked my legs out in the mirror... and that's where I saw my pants were actually leggings.
What a relief... my monstrous calves aren't turning me into a man!

But hey, Chase! Now I have some leggings to wear to the concert! I might just suck it up and wear a skirt after all!
I did run in the leggings though... so I might have to go buy some new ones... then again, do I really want to go to this thing looking like a 16-year-old scene kid?
Hellllllll no.
Also... I learned leggings are pretty freakin' hot... and not in the sexy way... just in the thermoregulating way were all I really wanted to do was rip them off my body before I burst into flames.

Ohp... yeah... I'm wearing pants... with a Plain White T (Hahaha. I'm such a poser!).

2 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

No! No! I think we should go as scene kids. I'll dye my hair black and pink and get a really big head band. I'll wear knee high gym socks with my pink chucks, giant earrings and my goofy plaid dress.
You wear your leggings, a mini denim skirt, your no lace chucks, a big headband and matching bracelet, and a very brightly colored shirt or sweater.
I won't skimp on the tramp lipstick, you don't skimp on the eyeliner.
I could so be an emo stylist.

AnoMALIE said...

Hey, maybe that way other people will use us as markers when trying to find their friends:
Lost person: Dude, where are you?
Group trying to be found: You see those two stupid emo girls with the crazy colors? We're to their right.
Haha.