Wednesday, May 23, 2007

This is hunger? Well I'll be damned!

Mannnnnn!
What a waste of a day!

I woke up at 7:15 AM to get ready for this damn day, I show up, I'm starved for a couple of hours (something I now realize I do often... but I just never knew it was starving. I think it was starving... I didn't eat anything today, and yesterday I only had a homemade quesadilla... then I crashed. Yes, I have issues like that), I listen to some really dumb people not be able to follow proper directions, and then I get excused.
Thanks, dudes.

At least I can now live two years without worrying about being called up by the Regional Justice Center. I'll make sure and commit some sort of felony before the two years are up, and then I can no longer get called up as a juror.
Of course, this is just me bitching about the whole experience because that's what I do.
The thing was alright. I'd do it again, if I had to... just not wake up early to show up to the 7:30 AM call.

I almost was a juror on a criminal case... damn!
Although... the case stirred up a lot of memories I had from back in the middle school days.

"Does any one here know anyone, in person, who has been a victim of rape?"
Umm... no... not that... I can recall... oh wait... I did. Oh yeah! I did! In 7th grade! Does that count?

It's also crazy to see how many people know a person that's been molested/raped... it was around half the room (some of the people I doubted... because a good few wanted to do whatever it took to get excused).

Damn you, court, you bum me the fuck out... you and your criminal cases with creepy Latinos in the Defense that stare at me whenever my name's called because AnoMALIE Dos Santos is a Latin name and they think "Oh! A compatriot! You'll have my back!"

Creeeeeeeeeeepy!
Bone chilling, to tell you the truth... I kinda wanted to ask the judge to ask the dude not to make eye contact with me because I felt a strike of fear in my young, impressionable heart.
I also felt pity... which I don't think was proper... but I guess I may be like that because of my grandpa's recent death. I'm a big softy all of a sudden... crying and "awing" at anything and everything like some sissy.

Anyway, I'm just babbling now... I'm sort of incoherent because I'm tired... and staved... and a little angry... and I'm still feeling sorry for the dude (he's representing himself... no lawyer... and that just made me sad... especially when he spoke with his soft, accented voice. It made me just... ugh... think: Shit, this guy totally fits the profile of a child molester/rapist... but why am I feeling so bad for him? Why is he making me sad?)... and I'm still scared of the dude... sort of.

P.S. The D.A. I was totally eyeing yesterday: Married! (but still so, SO hot! I figured out who he looked like: a cross between Tobey Maguire and David Beckham. Hot, even if I don't like that nerd, Tobey)
The Salt n' Pepper guy from yesterday: Married! (and father of a ten-year-old boy)
I tell you, man, I'm going to be a homewrecker, I just know it!

No comments: