Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Shiny metal things

I stepped outside to feed Tyson today, and what was the first thing I saw?
The saw and ax (there's even a machete there) have been sitting on that bench for a while now, but I'd be lying if I said my heart didn't stop for a second.

Why so jumpy?
American Psycho + 1 AM + sleepy AnoMALIE = Jumpy AnoMALIE.

While the movie wasn't scary... seeing an ax on the bench in my backyard did startle me for a second... that saw doesn't help, either.

I thought I had seen the movie before... but I guess I'm confusing it with a different one.
Pretty badass... and I was surprised when I found myself laughing in parts (come on... feeding a stray kitty to an ATM machine? Bwahaha! And the issue with the business cards won me over).
It also made me understand Mr. D. a lot better than I thought I did.
I appreciate him/his humor a lot better now (I'm still slightly intimidated by him... like... in a good way, I suppose... but never, ever, ever will I be in the same room as Mr. D. and a sharp object/strong powertool in my life).
The dark humor made me feel guilty at times... but that wouldn't keep me from laughing out loud at 2 in the morning (I'm sure my mother now suspects I'm somewhat deranged... poor mom).

I'm just glad I watched this thing before I began this whole lent thing...
Uncut DVD version + naked Christian Bale= ain't nothing gonna keep me from thinkin' bad thoughts!

Anyway...
Here starts day one of dull(er!) AnoMALIE.
Cheers.

Cuss count:
2 (I dropped the F-bomb while looking at Manchester tickets... then again when I mentioned a certain guy and I called him "F*ckn' retarded." All in all, this is a pretty good start)

5 comments:

Mooney said...

Haha, I think of him flexing in the mirror. -sigh-

Dude, I am at school right now and I keep looking out for the Jock. I believe something needs to happen with Lab Boy. I need to forget the Jock. Well...atleast that's the plan.

TravelinDin said...

i wanna see movies!!! im stuck at home with a sick farrell and unzzel is nowhere to be found! wtf am i gonna do?! good thing the damn internet came back on!

any progress with spring break?

AnoMALIE said...

Mooney- I was soooo attracted at that moment. Totally mesmerizing. Who cares if it served as an example of how P. Bateman was so detached... mmm, mmm, mmmmm!
Si solo supieras como estoy yo. Cada vez que veo tu tipo de carro, I duck and cover. Porque? Te acuerdas de lo que te dije aquella vez en tu casa?

Travelindin- So I guess maybe I should take some movies with me when I go?
Spring break? aren't you the one worried about it? You make the plan, I follow it. As far as my trip goes... I think by tomorrow I'll be good. Dumb Rafalala finally got on-line and we talked about it.

Kelley Karas said...

I think my favorite murder is of Jared Leto in that movie.

AnoMALIE said...

Haha, I liked it too.
I was laughing most of the time ("Is that a rain coat?" "Why yes, yes it is!" Then his little dancing... that was good)