Wednesday, October 13, 2010

23

Alright, here's my second post for the day. It's going to consist of more cheating, since it's going to be last night in pictures (God, forgive me. I'm just really tired and stressed and I still need to study and I have no time to bother with actual entries. Those shits require actual thought put behind it and I'm in no condition to do so. It's difficult to be clever and "punny" when my mood is so shot)
I couldn't help myself, and I caved. I purchased the hot pink shoes I fell in love with last month. But I let the birthday girl wear them (i.e. Little Sister took them from my closet and I opted against getting her in a chokehold until she tapped out because it was, after all, her birthday celebration).
Moment I stepped in the lounge, I was given champagne... and while I typically hate it, this one was tasty. I never knew how easily this shit buzzes a person.
Had to sober up somehow before the guests arrived. I hate Jamon Serrano. 
More drinking and some Spanish music to get the party started.
At midnight, it was time to celebrate Baby Sister's real birthday. She's no longer such a baby :(
Something tells me this guy might be a little violent with his girls... like maybe... I feel sorry for anyone who ever thinks about giving him head... just sayin'.
Then people started smoking and tried getting me in on the action. "Sorry dudes, I stopped that shit at 23. I take care of my lungs." Are you starting to understand why I was stuck with photographer duty for the night?
I also used my skill to catch minors at the bar. JK, she was no minor, she too was a birthday girl... a 21st birthday girl. She pretty much embodied my mood for the night. "I need a motherfucking drink! And get rugby off the screen! Weren't we just watching the highlights from the Spanish League?!"
Then I drove home and fell asleep like an old lady.

But in all honesty, and keeping true to this week's celebration of "I love my sister week" (no, seriously, it is), I love my sister. We fight... she makes me cry, I reciprocate... but I also defend the hell out of her. Anyone hurts her and I immediately go out for blood, ask anyone. I've done it multiple times... I even flew up to Spain to put her roommates in check the moment she told me they made her cry.
She holds my hand when I'm upset... she cries with me when I don't know what to do... and she hugs me when I'm lost.
No matter how old she gets, she'll always be that little creature I once saw my mom holding inside of our Jeep on a rainy October afternoon. I was busy being a brat, running away from my babysitter... playing under the hole in the porch with my brother, taking turns on who would run under the water. The world seemed to stop the moment I saw the black Jeep make its way into our driveway... and Rafa and I froze in place, watching the car park... and Mom hop out holding a pink blanket. Baby Sister was home.

I love you, sister.

No comments: