Monday, October 25, 2010

Love to hate me

Gaaarghhhh! The Case of the 5th Grade Hater is happening all over again!
No, people aren't stealing my drawings and trying to pass them off as their own... I haven't drawn in a while, so they have no material to jack.
No... people are instead stealing my photos and not giving me credit.
Fun.

I don't know what it is about me and my shit, but people have a tendency to hate it once they learn I'm the creator. They're fine when they are shown anything I make anonymously, but once they know I did it, they sure as hell don't bite their tongue to criticize my work until they beat any desire to live right out of me.
I don't like how you give your drawings big foreheads.
You could have done with a little less profanity... I hate the way you structure your sentences, it's very sophomoric.
Why is this blurry?
Why the fuck don't you pose me in the middle of the picture? You like chopping my body off and placing me in the bottom left corner of all your photos!

Seriously... do people get paid to fucking criticize me?

First, my drawings fell victim to harsh critiques and eventual copyright infringement ("Don't even compare my stuff to hers. Mine is WAYYY better" is probably the most hurtful to me).
My writing fell victim to plagiarism a few years later (I made the stupid mistake of posting some of my work on a forum. I started noticing how one person in particular started stealing my voice and my stories. That is seriously the creepiest feeling ever. It's identity theft at its worst, if you ask me. It baffles me, since supposedly so many people hate the way I write. They go out of their way to tell me my shit's awkward and profane and then you have someone trying to steal it. It's worse than a troll).
Now it's my "photography."

I don't feel I'm an expert, and I admit I fuck up often... but I love it.
I hell of appreciate photography and other's ability to capture beauty with a click of a button. I don't hesitate to tell others when I dig their work, because I'm being honest in letting them know I enjoy their creativity.
I don't mind constructive criticism when it comes to my photos. Tell me how it could have been better, and I'll even appreciate it... even if I'm just snapping photos as a hobby, not a job.
But when people go out of their way to hate on my stuff? Dude, what the hell is that about?

My latest encounter with this shit has been happening in the last month-- the time I've had with my lovely little EOS (the camera, ok).
There have been numerous photos that have been stolen from my albums recently. Many have been used as profile pictures for others... and the shit that irks me is that I'm given ZERO credit for them, not even a "thank you." They don't comment, they just steal it. Yo, if you wanted it so bad, you could have at least given me a heads-up. I'll gladly give you shit when you ask for it. The thiefs get complimented on the work and he/she says jackshit (and strangely enough, the number of people complimenting has been ridiculously high. It's such a freaking joke. Thanks, Life, you're awesome). Every. Single. Time.
One person has gone so far as to make his own album using ONLY my photos.
???? Seriously, idiot?
And when confronted, his excuse was "Shut up. They're not even good to begin with. They're blurry as fuck."
?!?!
Motherfucker's lucky he lives in Oakland and that's too far for me to personally go over to his house, with a baseball bat, to beat the shit out of his kneecaps and smash every single one of his fingers.

Recently, this other idiot kid told me:

just cause you know how to hold a camera and edit your pictures with photoshop DOES NOT make you a photographer.

Wait... what? Any person who takes a photo is technically a photographer. And if you were trying to say "professional," then no, I never claimed to be a professional. I take photos... when I feel like it... and I don't use photo shop beyond the resizing feature... so you can just lick my clit, you stupid little twat.
That comment didn't "hurt" my feelings... it made me want to hold this kid's head underwater for a couple of seconds... especially since he's only 14. I'd be doing society a solid by straightening out this little fuck.

Last night I finally had my fill of "Take AnoMALIE's shit and give her zero credit."
My cousin, C, same chick I wrote about yesterday, changed her profile to a photo I took of her at her wedding. It's her and her husband, smiling.
Well, on her page, people were thinking the photo was professional and totally loving it, giving it compliments left and right.
C corrected everyone by saying the photo wasn't professional.
Thank you... now can you... maybe drop my name? You know... maybe be a little proud of me?
They asked who took the photo.
Finally!
Her response?
I don't know, I just took it from some tagged picture and posted it.
?!?
Really? Ok. 
This really irritated me, so I finally spoke up.
I felt safe about butting-in because I knew the girl asking (it's the girl who stood in front of me for the professional photo at the bachelorette party. The idiot in the shorts). I wrote:
Sorry to butt in, but I had to. To answer your questions, I took the photo. 
The response? Crickets.
Not a damn word!
Grrrraarggghhh!!

Like I said, people love my shit up until they find out I'm the person behind it.
It is so easy to hate me...
how could I put this shit up for good use? There has to be one, right?

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Honestly.. they're jealous. They can't do what you can so they demean you to make themselves feel better.

... And most of the people in creative writing were pretentious. They didn't like your 'voice' because it's something a lot of people can relate to and can bring about an emotional response depending on the subject matter.. Keep in mind- it's not cool in hipster land to be able to relate to something.. that's why you have to keep severed heads under the floor board of your car.. or go on about your lovers graphically -in the morning at a cafe' in bed in on a yacht or morgue.

There was onebad writer in that class. It was me. :) I had and still have nothing to say in story form.

AnoMALIE said...

Remind me to tell you about this next time I see you!