Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Get Real, Exam!

So I used up all the allotted time for the sections on the GRE.
As expected, I had hideous writer's block for the writing portion. I had to dig deep and go way back to my AP History days... and I finally said "Fuck this shit, let's GO!" and just typed away.
The verbal and quantitive portions? I KILLED!
At the moment of getting the scores, it didn't really register. I saw the numbers and I was like "Is... that... good?" I mean, can you blame me? I had given this goddamned test my all. My brain went to mush the moment I pressed "Proceed" for the last time.
I came home, checked out my previous scores versus the ones I saw on the screen at the test center... and fuuuuck. I did fucking awesome.

I did do ONE major fuck up... and that was when it asked me about sending my scores to the UNDERGRAD school. Oooooops. Oh well. We'll see what's good.

Grad schools I finally decided on? NYU, Boston U, UNLV, and Cornell. Well, those were the ones I so arrogantly chose to receive my scores... and that's because Columbia doesn't require GRE scores. What can I say? I'm a pompous little bitch... up until reality comes on over and slaps the shit out of me to put me in check.

All in all, I'm quite hopeful UNLV will take me... they have to, damn it!

But... at least all this shit is now out of the way. I can be brain-dead all I want from now on.
Welcome to the new and not-improved AnoMALIE. Yeah, the grade-school AnoMALIE that doesn't give a shit about using large, complex words or correct grammar.
Hello, invented words and ebonics.
...
Ok... not that either.
But I really won't give that much of a shit any more. And this whole "writing something every day" deal? Pshh... it can kiss my ass (not really. I actually enjoy it. However, I won't have that same sense of urgency I've had for the last few months-- MONTHS! That's crazy).

Deuces, I'm out!

No comments: