Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Babe

They say all things resemble their owners... or something like that.
Tyson is no exception-- he has a little bit of each of us.

He's stubborn... like Mom and I.
He's silly... like Rafa.
He's loyal... like D.
He's vain... not that D is, but she likes looking good, and this pitbull can stare at his reflection (and does) for hours. I swear I've seen him flex numerous times, that little weirdo.
He's anti-social, like me.
He's grouchy... super moody... just like me. He does this thing, where he holds a mini grudge if you do something he does not approve of. How do I know he's holding a grudge? I'll go outside, and be like "Hey, Tyson. How are you, boy?" and he will refuse to look at me. He will turn his back and act like I'm invisible. He usually does this if I don't give him enough water, or if I feed him too late... or if last more than two days without playing with him.

Well, now this weird little dog has taken his mood swings to another level. I don't even think I can call it a mood swing, he's just seems to be going through some life change where he's having some identity crisis or something.
My dog has recently decided he does not like his name, so whenever we call out to him, he will not react.
I've always called him everything from "feo," "ugly," and "perro." I'm pretty sure for a time he must have thought his name was "feo."
Recently, my poor little guy hasn't been feeling so hot. His whole little paw issue still aggravates him, and this has made me all tender-hearted, so I call him by sweet names like "baby" and "little guy."
For the last week or so, he has been unresponsive to ALL names.
"Tyson! TYSON!"
My dog does NOT give a fuck.
And look! He's sleeping in the sunlight. 
Yesterday, for some reason, in my frustration, I decided to call him a name I'm not too fond of: Babe.
What does this fucker do? React.
Apparently, my dog's the Prince of the dog world. For the last day, Tyson D. has ONLY responded to "Babe."
I now find myself walking around the backyard looking over my shoulder and whispering "Babe!" whenever I need Tyson to come over. I just know he's looking at me from a safe distance and laughing at me.

This son of a bitch knows how to be magnificently passive-aggressive... I love it.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

:) Hehehe.

Well.. at least he doesn't call you names.
I'm pretty sure Pasta thinks "YALLLP" is my name. She only does it when she knows I'm in my room.. and she'll sit under my window saying it until I pick her up. Her bark the other time is less odd.

I do notice that Skilo barks in a high pitch when he's trying to get my attention. I don't know if he's mimic-ing her because it seems to work, or if he think's a puppy bark always does the trick.