Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chez angrAMALIE

It appears the universe does not want me to write up the short story... or at least not share it.

Nebraska family has dropped by unexpectedly and I've spent the day cleaning like the crazy person I currently am.
And I'm pretty sure I will not have much time to write things of much substance... though I usually DON'T write shit of substance anyway. I'm such a lazy bum.

But at least it's keeping me from being too emotional or blubbering shit I'll find myself regretting later.
Perhaps tomorrow... when I don't have my little cousins staring at my face as I type away... making me so self-conscious and shit.
Oh, hey kids... just... writing up an important email to my clients, is all... carry on... there's a Wii somewhere by that television... entertain yourselves. Quit staring now. Please... and don't you dare work your way to this side of the screen. 

Ahhhh... I'm such a lovely host.

Did I mention they're fundamentalist, evangelical Christians? Well, they are.
Fun times ahead.
... I'm going to cuss every fucking chance I get.
Ha.

**Update**
WELL!
We're definitely not going to get along...
First, my uncle, who I haven't seen in three years, greeted me with some fanfare.
Uncle: Holy moly! You're a different person!
Me: Me?
Mom: Haha. Yeah, it's 'cause the last time you saw her...
Uncle: She was REALLY FAT!
My uncle then proceeded to mimic how monstrous I was... which always ends up looking like someone trying to imitate an angry gorilla.
This was in front of my parents, my uncle's 40-somthing year old daughter (my dad's cousin) and her 40-something year old husband, and their 19 year old daughter and 10 year old son.
... yeah, that wasn't awkward.

A little later, I was ambushed and interrogated by my little cousins as I washed my face in my bathroom.
I've never met them in my life... so I obliged by answering some of the more normal questions.
Her: So, how old are you?
Me: 27.
Her: So you're all done with college and stuff, huh?
Me: Yup. For the last five years or so.
Her: So what do you do now?
Me: Nothing. I got my Biology degree and then dropped out of medical school.
Her: Why?
Me: Because I didn't like it. I was unhappy and I didn't like my peers.
Her: Do you plan on going to like... grad school?
Me: I tried... like... almost two years ago now. Didn't work out. Who knows, maybe I'll try again later. Maybe.
Her: So like... besides hang out, what else do you do?
Me: Nothing. (think about suicide on a daily basis and cry every other hour)... well, I do go to the gym... and I write... and paint...
Her: Do you get paid for that?
Me: Nope. (I'm pretty much waiting for death now...)
Him: You don't sound very smart...
Shut up, you fucking ten year old twat. YOU still believe the universe is six thousand  years old... I wouldn't talk if I were you.
Me: Ha. Well, what do YOU guys do?
Her: I work for Kellogg's. I have three years of nursing school ahead of me. See how much I like that.

Ah, youth with their dreams.
I remember having those (dreams AND youth...).
The Universe, just having another little laugh at my expense, it looks like.

You don't sound very smart...
Excuse me, I gotta go cry myself to sleep now.

No comments: