Monday, July 16, 2012

Hazme Felíz

Happiness is...
1. Random conversations with childhood friends.
2. Traveling.
3. Lightning storms.
4. Naps in the early morning sunlight.
5. Shopping.

1. I may not have a multitude of friends, especially of my own gender, but whenever I'm upset, my girls come out of the woodwork.
I hate being surrounded by too many chicks, and I find them catty, but the girls in my life are THE BEST.
From Kelley writing me her eloquent, uplifting comments, to Pacemaker conference calling me to have a giggle-fest... my friends are the shit, and they know how to bring that smile back on my face.
I will never be able to properly articulate how much I love my friends.

2. Plans have been made for the month of October that will take us from the midwest to the East Coast. By "we" I mean Pacemaker, her cousin, and me.
Some of us might be more excited the others... with some uh... different motives, apparently:
True love? This isn't a fucking RomCom...
I was semi-joking... since I recently ready how Massachusetts is the most Catholic state in the nation... and each time I think of a Boston boy, I think of a foul-mouthed ex-altar boy... with some kind of cool scar on his body.
I wasn't kidding on the Matt Damon-y part. I've loved that man since I was a fucking kid. He's the epitome of my dream man: witty, intelligent, articulate, artistic, handsome, hilarious... just... d-ohhhhhh-pe. I think about him and my legs tingle. Mmmm. Matt Damon.
On the real, though: I don't know why these girls think we're going to find love out there. My travel plans never consist of finding someone to hook up with... they never have. Am I weird for that? I actually keep away from dudes and only really people-watch. I'm such a weirdo.
I was meant to be a nun.

3. Lightning storms have always held a special place in my heart. They will forever remind me of my mom's mom. She loved seeing them, but hated the thunder... she was terrified of thunder.
Lightning has always made me terribly melancholic. I always find myself admiring the show alone... in the dark... and the only thought that ever crosses my mind is: This is so beautiful.
It's the time I'm perfectly content to be alone... surrounded by complete darkness.
The dark stillness, abruptly interrupted by the bright, powerful appearance of a bolt across the sky.
So symbolic for me. So comforting.
Son la onda.

4. I woke up early this morning and headed out for Painting Round 3.
We're nearly done with the place, so I was primarily there to keep my mom company as she did the finishing touches.
I was tired as fuck... and found myself laying on the carpet of the living room. The blinds were open, so the sun light was flooding the place. The sun in my face made me sleepy... and for the first time in my life, I took a restful nap.
I'm the world's worst napper... and I always wake up cranky, or tired, or feeling gross... but not today. I woke up feeling like some happy, well-fed baby... you know how those little punks always look so rested? Yeah, that was me.
Must have been the sunlight. I guess I should probably quit being a vampire now.

5. Perhaps the coolest thing?
I bought a motherfucking treadmill.
About fucking time. I haven't gone running in two weeks-- since the day the treadmill decided life was no longer worth living and it crapped out on me (during my 3MPH warm-up... which only infuriated me and made me kick the damn belt... which I'm sure didn't help, but come on! Three miles an hour? REALLY?! Fuck you, treadmill!).
Second murdered treadmill I go through. I'm probably (no, I AM) going to destroy this treadmill, because it frustrated the FUCK out of me. Worst treadmill I've ever had the misfortune of purchasing. I'm taking a hammer to the piece of shit.
But this new treadmill! OH MAN! Fucking GREAT! Now I'm just going to keep dumbass Rafa away from it. That idiot is not fucking up another belonging of mine ever again.

And just like that, the smile came back on my face.

6 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I love me some lightning. I love me some road trips. I'm a little jealous of you going to Boston, but it'll be cold there in October, so maybe not ;-)

Native Minnow said...

Then again, it'll be cold here in October too, so maybe I am.

AnoMALIE said...

You're emitting a green glow, Minnow... haha :)

Kelley said...

what kind of treadmill did you get? My dad said he'd buy me whatever piece of equipment I wanted (You know.. so I can run/elliptical while online as opposed to just sitting here.. like I used to before I killed my bike) I'm torn between treadmills and ellipticals (since a bike is pretty cheap... also I've been looking on craigslist and amazon and those offerings have made me even more unsure)

Mooney said...

Hahaha, I can only imagine what fun things you guys will do together. ;)

Awesome purchase! :D

AnoMALIE said...

Kelley- I'm a snob, so I don't do ellipticals... but that's mostly because I've never suffered a knee injury, so I don't appreciate the support ellipticals give.
As for the treadmill, I went for the proform 795. My first treadmill was a proform and it lasted me 11 years before I finally literally broke it in half.
My second treadmill was a Horizon, a total fucking nightmare that continuously needed to be greased up. Sure, it was light and it had some sweet presets, but it just pissed me off.
So far, I'm completely enamored by my new treadmill. SO many settings... it's fucking orgasmic. lol

Mooney- I'll be the one protecting the drunk girl, obvi. hahaha
And dude! I actually purchased the treadmill at "your" Walmart, because it was one of the few carrying the one I wanted.
The guy who attended us was SO weird... like... "I'm sure he must be a 40-year-old larper" weird.
Bless your freakin' heart for working there... Jesus!