Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cut. It. Out. OUT.

My friends tend to be kind and sweet when encouraging me to do stuff... like move on.
My family? They are HARSH.
Luckily, it all balances out quite nicely.

I am a dreamer. I prefer ignoring the real world and detaching myself from everything. It's how I manage. It's what keeps me from having a mental breakdown in the middle of the cleaning aisle at Walmart.

When shit happens in my life that shakes me, I have a horrible time trying to regain my composure.
As a kid, I could always count on my brother to straighten me out with his kind words:
Don't be a fucking wimp, loser!
GET OVER IT!
MOVE, you IDIOT!
No one wants to hear it. Quit being a pussy.

Once he left, I started getting "coddled." No one tried picking me up. They just... chose to ignore it, and I couldn't blame them... a sad AnoMALIE is a confusing, somewhat scary AnoMALIE.

The last year and a half has been the worst time of my life, as far as my self-identity goes.
I've gotten lost... so, SO lost, not even I know if the pieces I'm picking are really mine or some other fool's who has the same issues I do.

But Rafa's there. He makes his appearances... and that motherfucker SHAKES ME.
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!
Yeah... I need that.
DO SOMETHING!
Yeah... I probably should...
QUIT FADING, YOU IDIOT!
... how?

This isn't you. You NEED to cut it out. Look around you! You're 27, you still have plenty of time!

His words reach me... but I need a couple of days to let it settle down in my head.
I need the spinning to stop, and my tears to dry before I have the clear mind to thank him, and proceed to pull my legs out of the mud.

No comments: