Sunday, November 25, 2012

Letter Volume II

After not writing to the man in years, I finally wrote a letter to Santa exactly a year ago today.
I'm not entirely sure if I mentioned whether or not he gave me what I wished for. But let me revisit my requests:
1. To kick my depression to the curb.
2. Finding a purpose.
3. PLEASE help Tyson get better.
4. Barcelona trip with Classico tickets.
5. A job.
6. Make me less awkward around dudes.
7. Cuidamelo.

I wouldn't say he responded to me immediately... but... I guess he kind of followed through at some point through the year, for a certain amount of time.
1. I was happy for a bit. Even if the moments were fleeting... but I WAS happy. Extremely happy, numerous times throughout the year.
2. Umm... well, I... learned I really like painting... ? And I HAVE started on that fucking book of short-stories after my bestie offered to edit it for me, and I'm sure Mooney will help out too, since she kinda does it for fun... right? :)
3. Tyson. My baby. My love. He... well, he DID see an improvement in health. I was given a few more month with him as my inseparable buddy. Ultimately, he was SPARED from the pain he was living... and was finally just... released from this world.
I love you, and miss you... every single day. I still cry sometimes when I think of you, or when something reminds me of you. You will always be in my heart, baby. Always.
Fuck. This made me sad.
4. HAAAAAA! HAAAAAAAAAAAA! Fuck, girl, you want a bengal tiger while you're at it?!
5. Semi-true. Self-eomplyment counts, right?
6. Oh, the can of fucking worms I opened with this one. I'm no longer THAT awkward around dudes-- most of the time-- now I'm just mean as fuck. I don't like attention!
7. Bien cuidadito que esta. Pero no para mi.

Will I be making a letter this year?
Nah.
Well, I will do one real quick:

Dear Santa--
Thank you. I know I complain, and often fail to enjoy the good things that happen to me, but I must say, I'm very grateful for them.
The bad things? They make me stronger by knowing that I can live through them, and see them as a learning experience.
I'm sorry I'm so terrible sometimes.
But thank you. Thank you very much.

No comments: