Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cs and Ls

I'd like to take this moment to thank my CONSERVATIVE friends, for being intelligent.
I have to say, after spending the afternoon reading the garbage many of my "liberal" friends were responding to, I realized I was lucky not to have such idiotic shit to deal with.

My friends, with whom I may not align perfectly in regard to politics, are smart. Their reasoning is sound. I dig it. It helps ME, to tell you the truth... it keeps me from being a blind sheep. Their comments make me think... not get enraged.

So, while the outcome was not what they wanted, I still appreciate the facts they provided me with.
Believe it or not: I'm a liberal... who is fiscally conservative.
Whaaaa?
Yeah, so, I can be swayed...
... and this time around, I was absolutely, positively repelled by what the Republicans dished up for me. They could have won me over, but ultimately, they made a terrible decision with their candidates who had the most archaic stances on women's rights and gay rights... no way could I have agreed to vote for them.

So... like back in 2000, and 2004, can we just... hug it out? Tomorrow's another day... in which I'll once again be pissed off over how shitty some motherfuckers drive.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Hahaha! Richard chose NOTA because he wanted to vote for Jill Stein. As did bobby and william.

I didn't particularly feel like voting for anyone... as I side on the total libertarian/right side. and on the spectrum both have positions that fall under right/authoritarian.

What enrages me is the blind adoration and immediate "fuck yous" to the opposition some of my & our friends have been eschewing without acknowledging the bad things his/her candidate has done.. IE the drones and suspending due process... that's big brother stuff. And the obvious political ploys in terms of timing.

It's fine to say "Yaay! I like X. X won!" but to say "___ it Y" shows a lack of tact.

Besides.. Politicians aren't 'real' people :) And none of this really matters.

AnoMALIE said...

hahahaha! I read that on Richard's page! I took that political-alignment quiz thing, and I had an awesome alignment with her. I hadn't heard of her until then.

And yes! I hate the blind adoration (ding ding ding! Perfect description I was looking for!)! I only reacted the same way I would have accepted from the opposite team. I know I'd be ripping heads if I saw people writing mean shit had Romney won.

But, to each their own... they just get muted for a bit. ha!