Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Enferma y delirando

I was a moribund cow yesterday, so I think my use of my monthly free pass for skipping a day of writing went to good use.
I had intended to update... but I wound up passing out half-way through my entry, as I watched Jimmy Fallon.
It all worked out for the best, though, because after going over it this morning, the post was quite depressing.
Note to self: Don't write while ill. Your entry will start resembling a suicide note.

Yesterday I woke up at five in the morning, unable to breathe because my bastard tonsils were so swollen. The swelling was so bad, I wound up gaging on the tonsils and proceeded to puke... bloody phlegm (hot, I know).
That hurt.
And it made me feel like I had tuberculosis.
I then took some Mexican tetracycline (Terramicina) that works miracles, and I fell asleep as I sucked on it. You must dissolve the pill with your own saliva, which takes about an hour... but since I passed out, it was in my mouth for five.
That felt good... especially when I noticed I couldn't taste shit because the damn Terramicina had numbed my tongue. At least it didn't discolor my teeth-- I've heard horror stories about that shit.

I then spent the day forcing myself to spit. Gurgling and all that shit. It itched and hurt at the same time... horribly exasperating.
What got me through the day? The Travel Channel.
I swear, I'm going to work for them some day... even if it's me just handing the camera crew water bottles. I'm doing it. (Another thing that got me through the day was thinking "I'll be motherfucking damned if I'm sick for this weekend. I gotta be great for Kelley's shindig, damn it! You can't control ME, body!")

Anyway, I spent the day in and out of consciousness... and I finally quit around 1:30AM or something like that. I sort of remember trying to work on my Portuguese sometime around my delirium. AND trying out Farsi. Which, of course, I quit. Fuck that... that language is hard as fuck! I just know I was pretty good at saying "good afternoon."
Who tries to learn languages while semi-unconscious? This idiot right here.

Still, my pain and suffering paid off, since I woke up feeling like a champion today.
No runny nose, perfect tonsils... and more Travel Channel.
I'm even shopping later on. Apparently, my sister can't shop without a companion, and so, I must suffer getting toted around H&M and all those other stores she digs (I can't complain about H&M. I find myself walking into the store just for memory's sake. I'll sit there and remember Bilbao as I stare at the shitty material the clothes is made of. Fucking store is my guilty pleasure, regardless of the shitty clothing with the shoddy stitching job... I still buy their shit).
Hooray.

No comments: