Sunday, December 19, 2010

INNOCENT!

Last night was hilarious.
A lot of the entertainment was provided by the only-weds of the group.
It felt good knowing I'm not the only person irritated by Musketeer's behavior with his now wife.
It's not that I hate PDA (sure, I'm not a fan, but I'm fine with couples holding hands... and kissing hi or bye. That's understandable), but Musketeer and GagaHater fucking abuse of the privilege.
Back rubs? Constant whispers and lip-locks? Baby talk? ...BABY TALK?! Not the "let's procreate!" talk... but... "let me try to make my voice ear-piercingly shrill while I act like a 3-year-old" type baby-talk. That shit should be illegal for anyone above 3 years of age.
They're also glued at the vagina.
You spend 24 hours of the day together-- I don't doubt you even accompany each other to the toilet-- it's OK if you part for a couple of minutes for game time.
GagaHater: I'll miiiiss youuuuu!
Musketeer: Aww, baby, I'll meee-us youuu tooooo! (this guy graduated magna cum laude... I would have never imagined him doing this)
Me (at Musketeer): You're leaving?! (I hadn't been paying attention, I was too entranced by the "cinnamon-y deliciousness" to notice anything in my surroundings. Plus, when it comes to this pair, I have selective hearing and tend to block out most of the conversations they have with one another)
Musketeer: We have to be across from each other in order to play Taboo.
Me:... O... K.

Alright, so I've been playing board-games/party games with these guys for quite a while now. I'm Mexican... we don't really... to kill time, we spent our time fighting as little kids, and as adults we drink and play drinking-games... so I'm not the best "clean" party game player. It's pretty much new to me (only game I ever played was LIFE, where we'd all cheat to get the maximum number of children. That's all I really remember... and not wanting to get the split-level house. That ruined my game and would make me pout out of the room. I DON'T want that shitty house! I want the white picket-fence!)... but this pair LOVES it.
So, this time it was decided we play Taboo.
I know better than to be anywhere near Musketeer, since I've been on the receiving-end of one too many crazed stares from GagaHater when she sees me approach Musketeer.
Relax. If I wanted his nuts, I would have gone after them when I first met him six years ago. You're good.
However, since I've never played the game, Musketeer volunteers to coach me through it.
We play the game, my partner (M) and I lose, of course, 'cause we're equally absent-minded (and controlled by the "cinnamon-y deliciousness" to be too concerned).
The ones beasting were Kelley and her boyfriend. Something that appeared to bother GagaHater... and things just started getting heated from there. Competition was on.
The mood did a turn once an awkwardly HILARIOUS scenario between GagaHater and Musketeer took place:
GagaHater was in charge of giving Musketeer the clues on the other side of the room. I was sitting next to Musketeer as he guessed.
GagaHater: Oooo! I was this when you first met me...
Musketeer: Young? Underage?
GagaHater gives a crazed stare.
GagHater: COME ON! WHAT was I when we FIRST MET?!
Musketeer: I don't know... what kind of clue is that?
GagaHater: We've gone over this! I was THIS when we first met!
Musketeer: Ignorant??? STUPID?!?
GagaHater: NO!! (tosses sand-timer over with one hand, buzzer with the other) I WAS INNOCENT! INNOCENT!!!

The entire room broke into a roar of laughter... except for GagaHater. She was livid. Once we caught on to GagaHater's lack of entertainment, we became awkwardly quiet.

After that, GagaHater spent the time whining to Musketeer about wanting to go home as the rest of the room would shoot looks of "I know... I wanna laugh too!"

And that is what makes things for me fantastically memorable. I'm so mean.

As for Christmas with the family, it's going to go more like this:


(Oh, Jimmy... I don't mind fucking up my sleeping pattern for you. You know how to make me smile)

I'll be drinking at the party hosted by Dad's side of the family out of sheer misery.
Drinking at the M-side of the family's party will be 100 percent joyous.

No games will be played at either. That would get ugly.

2 comments:

K said...

Oh boy, oh boy.
First I wanted to say thank you, I couldn't resist opening the present.. and I think you know my tastes better than I do.. and I forgot to give you something else I had. Which you will probably laugh at or be inspired to learn Japanese.

Gagahater needs to chill out and feel more confident about herself. After talking with my dad about the party, he think she just has no sense of self worth (because she hasn't earned it.. we have degrees, we do things like pursue our dreams.. music and writing.) And despite a happy facade, she is likely miserable in most aspects. All she has is our Muskateer.. who I must say.. seemed content and not argumentative.

AnoMALIE said...

I first found the bag, and then, as I walked through the store, I kept finding things that just spoke to me, and it all eventually turned into a theme: harajuku... at least, that's how I interpreted it. haha Glad you liked.

And as for GagaHater, I think your pops hit the nail on the head with that one.