Monday, December 27, 2010

Talentless

Boys with blue eyes still mesmerize me... even if the boy's my friend's 20-year-old little brother.
That's fucking dangerous... but hey, anything to get me to leave the Darcy issue alone (you know, that whole thing with his indifference while I melt like a dumbshit popsicle. I'm resorting to pinching myself and saying "stop it, you fucking dumbass" each time my mind wanders off and thinks of him. I'm getting some mean-ass bruises and people are starting to wonder if I suffer from Tourette's).

ANYWAY!
Remember how I claimed that I'm at my best, art-wise, when I'm miserable and depressed?
It appears I've lost my touch.
I started off with shit like this that I'd doodle because I had grid-paper and exasperating calculus homework:
memories...
Then my skill deteriorated to this, back when I was bummed out in Spain, looking through a bridal magazine:

I might have been watching an alien movie at the same time
And now we have shit like this:
those are chairs...
Ok, that last one I drew a while back as I was attempting to explain something real quick.
But right now I really am having a horrible time trying to draw. It's IMPOSSIBLE. I draw an eye and lose interest, proceeding to erase everything.
I sit with my sketchbook in hand for hours, I listen to music... and still, nothing.
It's like someone chopped off one of my arms, and broke all the fingers on the remaining hand, and then gouged out one of my eyes so my depth perception would suffer.

I guess it only works when I'm on the verge of stabbing myself as I work out a proton NMR.

At least I have one thing to look forward to once I enter Grad School.
Inspiration! Come back to me! What's the point in being emo, but unable to draw?

3 comments:

Mooney said...

I know the feeling exactly! Today I started reading some great fanfiction and I got the itch to write...but I'm just staring at a blank screen.

Fuck writer's block.

Kelley said...

it's like writing a song... or a short story.. just keep forcing yourself. :) Choose a predetermined theme or story...Eventually you'll have a stack of bad drawings, but then a stack of great ones too. You know this though. I actually like to style of the chair doodle though....The chick has cool hair for a stick figure. there are a lot of popular web comics formed on less.

AnoMALIE said...

oh, that chair doodle. Notice how elaborate I got on the bag of M&M's? I guess it's a start, right?
Hope the tip works. I fear someone's going to have to stand over me with a belt around his/her neck, threatening to beat me if I fail to draw something each day. That's usually the only way people get me to start new projects, the threat of physical violence, thanks to good ol' Mom.