Saturday, March 26, 2011

Look! A puddle!

I've spent the last two nights trying to patch things up between MGH and one of his best friends.
It's not that I want to, it's that his friend has been texting and calling me at the ungodly hour of two in the morning, incredibly upset with MGH.

Me: Isn't his girlfriend YOUR best friend? Why isn't she fixing this?
Him: Because she sides with him at all times!
Me: What happened?
Him: He pulled me out of his car and physically threw me to the floor.
Me: Oh my God... just now?
(this was at 1:30 in the morning, Thursday night. It was raining in the city, and puddles were everywhere. MGH threw his friend INTO a puddle. How dramatic is that? Boys...)
Him: YES!
Me: Was he drunk?
Him: NO.
Me: Then he must have been REALLY angry.
Him: YES!

I really didn't want to get involved, since trying to "fix" anything between two bickering parties is such a hassle, not to mention a fine line to tread.
MGH is like family to me, so I don't want to throw him under the bus and start talking trash about him with his friend, in hopes of cheering him up (which I could SO easily do).
Then again, I don't want to further insult his friend by placing all blame on him for enraging MGH (which I REALLY feel is what happened... 'cause he's FAR more sarcastic than I am, and he never knows when to cut it out).

What did I do? I tried to make Friend empathize with MGH. MGH is a very chill, calm kid (unless you wake him up from his slumber. Then he turns into a moody punk for the rest of the day), but there are certain topics which ignite a fire in his heart and he'll go ballistic on anyone who taps into them. I think EVERYONE is like that... anyone with a history.
I ended up apologizing for MGH, as well. I told Friend that we're all a little violent when enraged... and that we (MGH and the rest of the family. I include myself, obviously, since I lived a lot of their pain with them) kiiinda have a rough past. For the most part, we do a decent job controlling the rage... but we have  bad days.

Did it help? I don't know. I need to see if I get another angry/irritated call/text today from Friend before I can claim any sort of mediation victory.

I have no idea when I signed up for this job... I could have sworn I passed the baton on to Little Miss Heather. Get your act together, girl!

In other news: something tells me I'm going to be quite the angry panda today. Bachelorette party where I've been advised to "bring cash, the restaurant doesn't split checks?" Uh... yeah... we all know how THAT works out: someone gets SCREWED into paying WAY more than their fair share. And by SOMEONE, I mean ME.
$100?! But I only ate some cheese! What the HECK?!
Quit complaining, Mommy and Daddy pay for everything of yours.
Yeah, you're right... OF MINE. Not half of the stupid PARTY. 
Every single time. Jerks.

No comments: