Sunday, March 27, 2011

riDICKulous

Wow. Just wow.
I could have done with yesterday never happening.
It was HORRIBLE. Terrible day.

Let's start off with what traumatized me:
Dad found out about that one notorious blog... written in Mexico... by a person who is in "the know" about the drug war going on down there. I'd link it, but honest to God, that blog will give you nightmares, regardless of who you are (well, unless you're one of the hitmen committing all those awful murders down there). I'm also terrified of even associating my name with that site.
Anyway, the site has brutal photos of the things the cartels are doing down there. I can stomach the photos... as gross and horrible as they may be. I'm only left with a deep sadness from seeing the victims fear and anguish noticeable on his/her face (or whatever's left of it).
But then there's also video.
The Taliban ain't got JACK on these guys. Rememeber back in the day when there was a huge uproar because they posted a video where they decapitated US soldiers? WELL... that video was TAME compared to what is on this other site.
I stay the F away from videos.
But DAD.... dear old Dad found the site yesterday... and guess what interested him.
A video.

The only reason I walked over to him was because there was audio, REALLY loud audio, and he wanted me to teach him how to lower the volume (I should have KNOWN he was up to no good once he mentioned this).
I looked over at what he was trying to watch. The title was "Man gets dismembered."
WHAT THE %$@@?! (needless to say, yesterday my lent promise of not cussing went out the window... BIG TIME)
It was SIX and a half MINUTES LONG.
And I watched every second.
Dad was interested, I stood behind him with my hands clasped over my head and my mouth wide open. I'd occasionally bounce... you know, that nervous bounce of "Uh... mmm... I think I should go right now... but... Oh man! ARE THEY REALLY DOING THAT?! OH MY GOD!"
Not even Hannibal Lecter did what I saw in that video.
The worst part was that all of the people there (at least ten masked men) were LAUGHING. That was what had me most messed up. I was also appalled by how they'd pose for pictures while hacking away at the guy... like a happy grill master making some carne asada. That's how... messed up this whole situation is.
They've lost all sense of respect for human life. It's TERRIFYING.
I've seen all kinds of animals get butchered... and these guys were doing their thing as if the poor human being dangling from his feet (they had him tied from his feet, hanging upside down) were a piece of ham or something.

That's as far as I'll get into that conversation. I don't want to traumatize you guys with the (beyond)gory details.
All I can say is: don't step foot in Mexico for a long, LONG time. I know I WON'T (I love it with all of my being, and I yearn for it every single year like some stupid sea-turtle returning to her place of birth-- thought I was not born there-- but it's just... psycho to put yourself in harms way like that).
Anyway, once the video was over, I angrily told Dad he was forbidden from seeing that site ever again... and I forced him to shut down the computer... and I sent him off to bed, like a very angry mom.
He very quietly agreed (the weirdest part of the whole video-watching experience was that Dad was concerned about me watching the video... but only in the beginning, where the guy hanging by his feet was naked and I could see the man's penis-- the first body part to go, btw-- Dad was like "Don't look at it." REALLY, Dad, really? This man's about to get dismembered limb by limb and you're worried about me seeing a dangling penis? Where are your priorities, sir?!).

I've spent all of today just thinking of that video. Even the poor altar boy at church reminded me of the victim... it saddened me.

Ok... now the bachelorette party... that thing. THAT thing.
DISASTER.
All out WAR.

The wedding is going to be... you can't hear me, but I just groaned.
I was way more upset last night... posting it all over twitter and then having the awesome boys in my life calm me down... which lead to me getting rid of most of my scathing updates (unlike my sister. Now SHE went Ghetto Hoodrat on hers).
I can get into detail... and I would, except that I still get worked up. I don't want to ruin my day with recounting what went down last night. Let's just say "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" describes what went down to PERFECTION. Sister and I listened to the entire album while LOOKING for the godforsaken venue (this is where my cussing thing went to hell and I started cussing it up like... well... Kanye) and as I sat there, ready to start uppercutting bitches... I would listen to the tracks and think "Jesus... is this happening according to what song is next?!" One minute we're having a good time, next we're sad... then we get violent... then we feel guilty... then we get arrogant... then sad again.
I mean... it was going in the order of the tracks. Insanity, I tell you!
Line for the night?
"Fuckin' RIDICULOUS!" (must be said in RZA's voice, obviously)

Point of the story: We officially only have a maternal side of the family... and I couldn't care less.

Yes, it got THAT ugly.

At least I no longer have to carry around that mask (you know, the one where I act OK with their slights and whatnot). Feelings are out in the open... something I've been dying for since I was three.

Next week is gonna be ROUGH! (but at least it'll be the last time I have to see any one of them in a very long time)

No comments: