Monday, March 7, 2011

My "son"

Not many people know me.
Well, yeah, they know me as in "Oh, that's AnoMALIE, I see her around from time to time" but not much deeper than that.
There are some people out there who might know:
-I was raised in the ghetto.
-I spend my summers in Mexico.
-I speak a few languages.
-I'm quiet because I'm shy, not because I'm a bitch.
-I love sushi. But I didn't start eating it until three years ago.
-I love black, but my favorite color is actually green.
-I have a pit bull named Tyson... he's really mean and anti-social, like me!
-I don't dance often because I'm shy, NOT because I don't know how. I can school a stripper in the dance department, if I so choose. (this misconception has to be my fucking biggest pet peeve EVER. The girls who know how to dance NEVER criticize me for not dancing. It's always the bitch who moves like an epileptic who tends to accuse me of not knowing how to dance. It damn near makes me homicidal when the spastic bitch of the group thinks she can out-dance me)

For the most part, the general consensus is: at first AnoMALIE appears to be a mean bitch, but she's a quiet, shy girl who's actually pretty nice.

My godson (not the soon-to-be, but the one who chose me nine years ago) knows me.
You're like this for a reason, Godmom... something happened to you...
Without much effort, he figured me out... I didn't even have to say much. He pretty much guessed.
THAT kid knows me inside out. He knows my most secretive, painful stories, and instead of chastising me or freaking out, he just listened... then gave me one of those bone-crushing hugs you imagine only giant mammals know how to give.
Just the way I like it. Don't talk, just... squeeze me and let me feel like I'll be all right.

I've known him since he was months old.
One of my earliest memories of him is me getting bitten on my arm by him and proceeding to bawl my ass off from the pain AND humiliation of getting bit by a baby and not being able to slap him across the room. A rough start, but we've only managed to sync our wavelengths from there.
He's incredible, he's selfless, downright noble... and 21 years old today.

He may be a monstrous beefcake now
THOSE MOTHERFUCKING GUMS! Sheesh!
And yes, we were all drunk here.
But he'll always be my little munchkin.
Is it obvious which child is MY godson?
(the one flicking off the camera, duh!)
(also, MGH is the only little one who looks normal)
(JC is the one who is clearly ADHD)
Now THAT boy I love with ALL of my heart.

No comments: