Friday, April 8, 2011

Algorta

Three years ago today, I was in Algorta.
D and I were hanging out in our favorite cozy coffee shop. We were each sipping on some of the world's tastiest "café con leche."
I don't like coffee... it messes me up for the most part, but 1. I had to buy a cup in order to use the establishment's free internet and 2. This was exceptional coffee.
Between pintxos and my café... and especially the internet, I was at peace.
Y recordé: Hoy es su dia. Ni aunque pasen los años, ni por estar al otro lado del mar, ni por estar rodeada por el ambiente relajante de este lugar, me olvído de el. Que bueno.

That day in Algorta, I was so tranquil... completely relaxed by the somniferous environment... I could have easily fallen asleep and ignored everything. But I was on a mission. Get on-line. Don't forget.
I was so far away, and it had been a while, but I still wanted to wish him an (equally) awesome day.
***


Genius, hilariously sarcastic, handsome, unforgettable, charming, and secretly kind (this whole time I thought he was heartless... ok, no I didn't). Making girls swoon at the sight of his smile.

Austen never alluded to Darcy's birthday... but I'm pretty sure it would have been today. 

No comments: