Friday, April 1, 2011

Crazy Fools

This wedding takes the psycho cake... by far. No contest.

The wedding is tomorrow. I've been dreading it since... a year ago? I'm not sure.
Who would have guessed the issue of me not being in the bridal party would be the tip of the iceberg?

Things exploded today, during the ceremony rehearsal.
The tension reached its boiling point and my sister finally cracked in the church parking lot.
She was screaming and crying. She was calling Mom and then me, incoherently trying to tell us why she was so angry.
She let everyone have it.

Why so angry?
Well, turns out she's not going to walk with the bridal party. You know that part where the couples march down the aisle before the bride? Yeah, that part. They told her SHE wasn't going to do that, since she was only the "girl handing out the little party favors."
Carmen (stupid bitch wife of my first little "boyfriend." Her husband is the first cousin of the bride): YOU don't need to be here. THEY don't need you. You're not even walking in with the bride. You're going to be inside, already sitting on the bench.
Sister: ... what?
Carmen: Yeah. You don't need to be here. Go home.
Sister: ....

What kind of way is that to speak to someone?
Anyway, after hearing that, my sister broke down and went off on her bewildered phone calls.

After some very heated arguments (I just sat there quietly. Most of the time I was wondering if this was all some sort of April Fools joke gone wrong), and after a ton of hurt feelings (at one point Mom said NONE of us were going to the wedding. I held my breath when she said that. That was just crazy talk!), the problems were worked out. People cried. People apologized.
I think we're cool now... ?

I can't wait until this drama is done and over with come tomorrow.

(Ugh! Then I see the news of Lon leaving the Rebs. This is all too much. AH! On top of that, the friend who was making me pop a vein yesterday only managed to further enrage me today. I don't know what the hell she was smoking. It's like Kentucky severely damaged her brain)

3 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I was hoping the Lon Kruger story was an April Fool's joke. Too bad it wasn't.

Kelley Karas said...

Please report back on what the cake topper looks like. My guess is that the bride is doing something demeaning to the groom from what this sounds like.

AnoMALIE said...

Minnow- ME TOO! I kept being in denial saying it was a joke... a very elaborate joke. Such a bummer :(

Chase- Totally... well, that is if I end up going to the reception. I'm still on the fence about it.
(but you're on the money on her doing something demeaning to the groom. First off: the color of the wedding is PINK. Yeah, looks like things are only gonna get better)