Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ma vie en rose

So I survived.
I even took photos.

There's a catch, though:
I only went to the church part of the wedding.
Originally, I had planned to go to the entire shindig, I mean, Rafa's here. Nowadays, there are few opportunities I get to party with my brother.
However, I felt so sick, I ended up opting out of the reception.
I'm sure the stress and drama added to this blinding headache that kept me form the party.

For the time I spent at the wedding, I was very civil and friendly (except for this one baby sitting in front of me. At first, I played along with him... even sticking my tongue out at him--caught on tape, mind you-- after he started doing this sort of serpent thing with his tongue. With this kid, I played the usual church charades people always played with me when I was little. Then the game went all wrong. We were kneeling, except for the baby, of course, he was standing on the bench directly in front of me. I was minding my own business, closing my eyes and doing the prayer thing, when what did he do? He MOTORBOATED me. Yeah. What was MORE embarrassing was that his dad saw. Do you know how hard it is not to slap a two year old's face as he buries it into your exposed cleavage? VERY DIFFICULT. After he did that, I stooped to his two-year-old level and I made mean faces at him. Freakin' little jerk. How can a child already have those impulses? Creep).
I hugged and kissed all the bride's relatives (not the groom's, obviously, since I don't know them). I acted as if this last week never occurred.

I thought the day was a hit... until I caught a glimpse of a photo a certain dude took of my family and me with the newly-weds.
I kid you not, this is unedited:
Is it obvious they hate me?
What the HELL is that?
Oh, maybe I should explain that I'm to the far left... behind my mom... my hair's a little visible... see it?
Yeah, me neither.

I laughed it off... of course, I still feel the need to slap this guy in the back of the head while calling him a jackass (this is when cussing would REALLY come in handy), but I laughed it off. It's not like I love photos anyway. I guess he did me a favor by intentionally cropping me out AND letting me know how he REALLY feels.

There is one photo out there someone managed to snap of me... and it bummed me out to see that it's more than obvious that I'm quite miserable at this point in time. My eyes are just... dead.
Uh-oh.
But at least my smile still exists:
That mani was popular with the high schoolers at the wedding.
One day I'll start acting my age.
I surprisingly got that shot while trying to take a proper photograph of the cool "ombre" mani I did to go along with my pink shoes and purse for the event.
See the mud?! MFing MUD! In 90-whatever degrees! I was furious!
See, I can be a girl when I try (but somehow, I STILL get dirty like some mischievous little boy).

No comments: