Monday, April 11, 2011

Sucker punch-ee

I was attacked by a phantom boxer last night.
There's no other explanation.

I tried taking a picture of it, but the lighting never captured it properly.
Stupid Photo Booth.
Plus, why would I add a ridiculously unflattering photo of myself?

I guess I should explain what's so unflattering:
I woke up unable to touch my nose... the tip of my nose, to be exact.
It felt as if I slept with my palm resting against my nose... making the "piggy" face. You know what I'm talking about... the face you make while holding the tip of your nose back, imitating a snout, and you snort like a pig. That face.
As the day progressed, the pain radiated further. I was unable to scrunch my face (I do that a lot, since I'm Mexican and that seems to be a genetic trait or something... genetically predisposed to be unable to talk or tell a story without making faces) by lunch time.

Once it came time for me to make dinner, Mom walked into the kitchen and asked "Who punched you in the face?!"
I looked in the mirror, and saw my nose was completely red, all the way to the apples of my cheeks (I looked like the piss-drunk uncle at family gathering).
My nose was also completely stiff (as opposed to it's soft nature, which allows for me to flare my nostrils at will. They were rock-freakin-hard).

I really need to take it easy while I sleep...
... or I need to catch the asshole who punches innocent, sleeping people in the face.

No comments: