Sunday, April 17, 2011

What does it mean?

Drunk texts from MGH always bum me out... and piss me off.
I don't know what his problem is... or why he does it (actually, I do. He does it when he's pissed off at his chick... which, tough cookies, homeboy, I'm cool with her now), but there I am, one in the morning and answering his questions.

This of course, gave me motivation to paint again.
I messed up today, though.
I got a little overconfident since last time everything went swell and I didn't break anything... or more importantly, spill anything.
But not today.
I kicked over the bucket of water holding the dirty brushes, and the water got all over the carpet.
Did I mention I was painting in my room? Well yes, I was. I didn't want to miss "The Amazing Race" so I kept the painting in my room (one of four rooms with carpet out of the entire dang house)... and the result is three pee-colored stains the size of... my foot, all over my room's grey carpet.
Such an imbecile.

Anyway, no photo of the painting today, since I don't know how I feel about it.
I'm even flip-flopping on the title.
It's from a sketch I did on how I remember Algorta, over in the Basque country. It's basically the cliffs my sister took me to which oversee the ocean. That's the image which is most burned in my brain (besides the doner kebab place which was sheer magic. M-mm-mmm!).
Well, originally I titled the sketch "Regresaré" aka "I will return." But now I'm all lazy and I just want to cal it "Algorta." Plus, I find I don't have to sit there and explain why I called it that (See, I once went to the Basque country, and it was gorgeous, and I fell in love with it... so, it's basically saying "I'm coming back, I promise." Because I love it so much and yearn for it. She looks sad because she is leaving her soul there. Get it?).
I noticed weird titles make others confused.
Take for instance yesterday's painting.
Mom has stared at it for a good... two hours, collectively speaking.
Mom: I try... and I try... but... I can't figure out... what is that by her nose?
Jesus, I feel stupid... arg! (Arginine? That's the science background speaking. It still makes associations like that)
Me: Another person's nose.
Five seconds of silence. Mom stares intently at the nose.
Mom: ... I... don't see it.
Me: It's there. It's... vanishing, so to speak... like a dream... kind of... I guess.
Mom: What does it mean?
Now... I could tell the truth... but... I feel stupid enough as is.
Me: It's stupid... just ignore it.
Mom: ... I don't get it.
Me: Story of my life, Ma.

Sister: Look at that! The AnoMALIE paints!
Me: Eh.
Sister: What's it called?
Me: Let me touch your lips (now practically whispering because I notice how stupid I feel after saying each word) I wanna see where you're... at.
Sister: ... o...k... weirdo.
Me: It's a song!
Sister: Whatever.

Radtastic.

But, I won't let it deter me... because I've officially declared war on Musketeer's wife.
That dumb bitch.
I'm nothing but nice to her, and SHE'S the one who acts like I'm the stupid nuisance. She gets arrogant as if she even has a high school diploma.
She also thinks she's Picasso:
NOT MY work, obviously. Daisies are SO 1992.
Bitch.
So... I'm gonna play the game... and be a total cunt right back (yes, I know. The finish line is SO close, but I'm just really irritated right now. I HAVE to cuss).

No comments: