Sunday, April 10, 2011

Moo

My legion is growing.
I'm officially the godmother of THREE people.
Yes, three people were crazy enough to give me such a powerful title. I can now reign over them and force them to do my bidding...
Then again, I'm responsible for all of their tomfoolery if they so choose to go all crazy.

It was strange to be at UNLV completely dressed up. I always went to school as homely as possible: oversized sweater, whatever jeans I could find, and my hair straight-ironed (that kind of nullifies my statement, doesn't it? Straightening one's hair takes time and patience, or else one runs the risk of losing an ear).
But not today.
All business today.

I was also not making a big deal about sitting next to the bishop (so close, he actually spit on me a couple of times during the homily)... which was apparently awesome to the rest of the people in the building. It was awkward for me, to tell the truth... especially since I have no idea how to respond in english to anything they say throughout mass. I just stood there like a confused heathen.

I was the first person to do everything. Why? Because my godson wanted to sit in the very front.

Good stuff.

Then, once the ceremony was over, I hung out with his family at some greek restaurant.
Funny people. The things we were talking about made me take an even longer time to finish my food.

I also met one of his brothers... mmm.
Apparently my buddy's brother stole all of the growth hormone available in the womb. He also had freakishly cold hands (I know, random, but it was the first thing to come to mind after mentioning his height. His height was just right, his hands were pretty... but they were ice cold. BRIIIICK. No good for me now. I'm the only one allowed to have freezing extremities in a relationship).

That was my Sunday.

That aside, I'll share something that made me giggle to myself and appear crazy as I sat at the greek restaurant, avoiding the food on my plate:

I looked at my phone and saw a notification that my cousin-who-is-like-an-adopted-bro posted a photo on twitter as his "favorite."
When I saw the actual photo, I nearly choked on the cucumber (NO euphemism there) I was chomping on.
Turns out to be a painting from last night's Vegas StrEATs event:
Carmen over there on the left had a rough day.
Check the inside of the socket... for... research purposes.
I'm pretty sure only Kelley gets this one... since she's the other person to read a certain story, which this painting helps bring to mind.

Once upon a time, I heard that the ONE animal you will see every single day of your life is a cow. Whether it's an actual cow, a cartoon cow, or just that black and white cow print... you will see something that reminds you of a cow every single day.

While this holds true for me, it appears I have to add something else to that list:
Darcy.

Much better than a freakin' cow.

1 comment:

Kelley Karas said...

I will never forget that story. EVER.

As it's tuesday, if you want to hike tomorrow, let me know :)