Thursday, April 14, 2011

Leti

Recently, a cousin I haven't seen in over 20 years added me on Facebook.
Now, I usually ignore the older crowd (HA! Says the 26-year-old... waaaa!) and especially the Hometown-born crowd... because they gossip like nobody's business. TMZ has NOTHING on Hometown people, NOTHING.
The reason I know this is because there are days when Dad comes home and starts talking about certain things that have taken place on Facebook... like what one person said to another... or what scandalous photos someone's kid posted.
Dad, obviously, doesn't know what he's talking about for the most part.
Comment? "Posting photos"? What is that Facebook thing? A newspaper?

Anyway, I avoid these people to save myself the aggravation.
I still have two pending requests just sitting there. I don't know the women, personally.
I showed Mom and asked her for her opinion, who knows, maybe I'm related to them or I played with one of their kids in the early 90's and I just don't remember.
Mom: Oh! That's *SomeLadyIDefinitelyDON'TKnow* and the other one's her daughter. They're pretty dumb... and... simple-minded. I wouldn't add them. They're just nosey.

My mom rocks when it comes to Facebook. She'd rather rip off her own arm before she gets sucked into it. She also helps me when it comes to weirdo friend requests from people who sound familiar, but I'm not too sure about. This is true for Rafa as well, since he used Mom's knowledge and advice last week to reject four of his friend requests (he first called ME over to check out the people. He looked a little troubled when he pointed out one person in particular: his childhood tormentor. The one who "joked" about killing D when she was a newborn. It's sad to see Rafa still remembers and DOES NOT forgive the guy. I can't blame him, though. I too remember some of the jerk's "jokes," since I was on the receiving end a couple of times... like the time he fed me and Rafa some soap-filled cookies. It's one of the reasons why I'm not too fanatical about cookies... and why I'm suspicious when others try to give me cookies. I also take baby-bites when I first taste anything. NEVER traumatize a two-year-old!).

Anyway, when it came to the cousin, I had to ask Mom about it.

See, when I was a five-year-old, I only knew this cousin as "Leti."
She was about ten years my senior, lived in Hometown, and she freakin' loved me and D.
She'd always be over at our house when we'd be in Mexico for the summer/winter, and she'd always play with my little sister and me.
She's the ONLY person I've ever rough-housed with. The rough-housing was one-sided-- only I would pull her ears and kick her around (you know, whenever she was giving me a piggyback ride, I'd take it all serious and act as if I had on spurs... and I sure as hell "used" them).
She's the only person I was a little bitch to. I don't know what would get into me.
But STILL, she loved me.
Of course, after I was a little punk to Lety, I'd go back to my normal sweet-kid self and hug/kiss her and let her show me thing like roses and butterflies and all that sweet stuff.
There's even video of us playing with her. Video of us being little jackoffs while she patiently stood there and smiled. Then Dad (who is her first cousin) asks her if she still wants to come to Las Vegas with us knowing we're such little animals, and her eyes light up and she nods her head.
Heartbreak.

Anyway, I was about six when her mom died. Once that happened, Leti left Mexico and joined her dad in Chicago. I didn't see her again.

Well, once I saw that "Leticia" person (with a baby for a profile pic. Always so confusing... again, says the idiot with a baby picture of herself for a profile pic. That'll get changed... eventually... when I care) was trying to add me, I asked Mom, and I was told she was my long-lost, patient cousin/baby-sitter.
You're still alive? AWWW! Of course I'll add you! More importantly, you still love me after I was such a little cunt?! Great!

Oh Facebook... oh boy.

No comments: