Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Up in flames

Remember this post from October?
Back then, a lot of people gave my cousin flack for her story.
They said it was "too unbelievable" and they dismissed her as crazy and overdramatic.

Now, the news is everywhere. Not about her near-abduction, but of what goes on in those buses.
I found news sites from Madrid, Barcelona, even freakin BBC, talking about the current situation with the mass graves in Mexico.

They have three states where graves were found, I can assure you there are at least three more states--including my beloved Durango-- that should be added there. I wouldn't doubt they get added... in a couple of months.

Back to the news story, I didn't know they had found two college girls among the dead.
That scared the hell out of me.
They were taken out of the bus along with the young guys, expected to join the *badguys* (I will NEVER mention these guys by their real name EVER again). Everyone in the graves... well, we know what choice they made.

I just think back to the summer and how D and I were sitting in the very front of the bus when we were heading down to Hometown... how we saw the truck full of hitmen (not the ones from the branch they suspect of the graves) drive next to us for a bit.
Just... ugh. It's hard not to be creeped out.
To add to the creepy factor, a lot of the people found in the mass graves went missing in the month of October, pulled out of the buses they were riding to/from the border.
Coincidence? Of course not. I told you guys.


Words just can't describe how heartbreaking all of this is for me.

Back in the day, I'd describe Hometown as "another planet."
One of my many, notoriously-imbecilic ideas.
(That was a cliff... covered in gravel)
It was like stepping foot out of the present, and traveling back in time a couple of decades... to a more tranquil time. I mean, we didn't have phones until 1998.
Now... it's... not... in this realm. It's... Hell.
What they do down there... you only read about in the bible... in the Apocalypse.

I'm watching my little peace of heaven go up in flames.

2 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

:(
It's weird how we were talking about this stuff not being reported so much last week.. Yet I'm looking at US news and seeing nothing.

AnoMALIE said...

Yeah, that's what's... alarming. I mean, SO many Mexican-Americans ride those fucking buses. I believe a Mexican-American young man has been missing since October, and his family is expecting to find his body among those in the mass graves.

Fucking ridiculous that the US would rather cover shit like Lady Gaga's fall at her concert instead of this, which is going on right next to us.