Thursday, April 7, 2011

*Hiccup*

Know what's weird?
Waking up in the middle of the night because you're hiccuping your head off.

I don't exactly know why I do it... but it happens every now and then. I've been told it happens when your body's cold... but really? Last night was rather pleasant. The coldest I've ever been while sleeping was one time I visited Denver in December, and the outside temperature was freakishly cold (it was something like -30F, I kid you not. You couldn't stand outside for longer than five minutes without getting frostbite. My 19-year-old head couldn't wrap around it all. WHY DOES ANYONE LIVE LIKE THAT?). The room I stayed in had the crappiest heater, and I had to sleep on the floor with an exorbitant amount of blankets. It was a long, cold night... but still, I did not hiccup once.

The first time I noticed I hiccuped in my sleep was when I went to Mazatlan with my cousin and I was startled awake because she was hovering over me. She became startled when I opened my eyes.
"Oh my God, I thought you were awake this hold time... then I just thought you were dying. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen!"
I had to sit there at three in the morning, angrily trying to control the hiccups because I could no longer sleep.
The temperature then was awesome... I mean, it was July and I was at the freakin' beach. No reason for me to be cold.


It was difficult going back to sleep last night because the hiccups were pretty violent... and loud.
I sat there trying to remember remedies... but it was about four in the morning... I can't even remember my name at four in the morning.
I was sleepy... and angry... so I just sat there and held my breath as I'd fall back asleep, only to be woken up by a violent hiccup.
I don't know how long it took, but it eventually worked.

I do not wish a nightly hiccup attack on anyone.

In other news, Pacemaker and Lau finally know of Alo's marriage.
Lau texted me at 11PM somewhat bewildered. I told her we'd talk about it on Friday, since it's also Alo's sister's birthday... so we'd be able to ask the girl a bit about the situation.

Something tells me this isn't going to end nicely.

No comments: