Saturday, December 31, 2011

Arrivederci!

Sums up my feelings to perfection:
Fuck. You.

2012, let's make it a good year.
Resolution time?
Sure, why not:

  1. I will work on my road rage-- curbing it, that is.
  2. No more barking at people... it's fucking ugly.
  3. I WILL bench 150! (I tried while in Chicago, and I left a little "forget me not" on Coconut's concrete basement floor... from where the plates hit full speed when I tossed that shit off me. SO embarrassing)
  4. I will squat in the big boy room at the "scary gym."
  5. I will not fear carbs. They are my friend. They are my friend. They are my friend.... yeah, not working.
  6. I'll smile at least once a day. THAT I can try.
  7. I'll make... two new friends. Lowballing the number because I doubt I'll interact with others much this year, though I enjoy this task (even if it initially intimidates the fuck out of me). I love "how I met you" stories... mainly because other's stories of how they met ME start with "I thought you were a bitch." Always pleasant to hear.
  8. I'll talk. At least... I'll try... for at least half an hour.
  9. I'll smile at minimum two strangers a month. This I find fun, because it's rad to see their face change with delight. It's cool.
  10. I'll master the basic pistol (THIS shit right here:  It renders me speechless. I doubt I'll ever be that gracefully strong. Sheesh)
  11. I'll be less cynical. Not less sarcastic... ok, maybe just a little... a little less sarcastic.
  12. I will not waste a single day laying in bed, sleeping my life away. I did that shit four times this year. That's fucking four times too many.
  13. I will forgive without resentment... and I'll trust without... paranoia.
  14. I'll be a sweetheart at the gym. I'll forgive the stupid newbies who invade my space... or I'll just give them a gentle nudge with my weights to let him/her know there's more to come if they don't get the fuck out of my way.
  15. I. Will. Not. Scream.
I think that's all I can really commit to right now. That's a shit-ton of resolutions... which can all melt down to this: I'll be nicer, I'll be happier, and I'll forgive... and I'll keep beasting.

Con todo, 2012! 'amonos!

2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

That is a shit ton of resolutions. Wanna know how many I made this year? Zero. That's how much I don't give a shit anymore. I'm terrible, I know.

AnoMALIE said...

total ray of sunshine, my friend.