Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hoppity Hop

First day of the last month of the year.

I wish it would slow the fuck down. Three more months, and it's once again my birthday. Fucking gross.
But let's focus on the positive!

I said "rabbit, rabbit" this morning... that was a good start.
I've been very giddy and bouncy all day. It's very bizarre, but welcomed nonetheless.
The weather's gloomy and windy. Straight up disgusting and annoying, but still... it makes me happy.
I haven't gotten violent over anything.
I was able to kick and punch to my heart's content in kickboxing because this gloomy weather makes all the half-assing bums stay home, snuggled in their bed (I'm only a bum in the morning. I'll sit there snuggled up like a little burrito until my bladder begs me to crawl out of bed to take a piss).

I think I've mentioned this before, but I've had this unusual desire to jump for the last few months. Jump. Like a rabbit.
Well, since class was so empty today, guess what I did? I jumped. A LOT. As high as I could. As hard as I could. And I fucking loved every minute of it.
My god, what a difference two months makes! What have you been doing?
My British friend told me that after watching me do my "high knees." She hadn't been to class in two months since her poor dog suffered a stroke (we sat there talking about dog illnesses for about twenty minutes. I'm getting SO OLD!), and after seeing me today, she thinks I have hops like MJ. Ha.
Alas, my years of basketball show! My rebounding prowess is now obvious!

Goal for the month: rebound!
This chick is going to pick her ass up off the floor.

3 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

You'll dust yourself off, keep writing and working on what makes you feel more whole. I have confidence that you will find more things you enjoy relatively soon. Just don't be like me and have one of those things be playing ms. pacman..... keep bouncing.


Want to take some classes with me? I am going back to school ASAP.. to hopefully get a CLS post-bacc. certificate (I'm harassing the program director right now...)..

I need to rebound from a few things too 1) being sick 2)bad eating habits (which I've already started.. hooray) and 3) being shunned at work by people working at night because I actually did the right and correct thing and called someone out on his bullshit instead of letting someone innocent (who.. I don't particularly have fond feelings for...) take the blame. Even when I get my bosses job (if she ever finds something).. I plan on pursuing this..
Cause having an alternative game plan in a different field on the back burner would make me feel 1000x better about myself and the world right now.

Sorry for whining.

AnoMALIE said...

sounds interesting! I've been thinking about going back to school, and focusing on science, I just wasn't sure where to start. Consider me in. :)
Sorry to hear about work, and I don't blame you for venting, I actually encourage it... since I didn't have the best time of my life at my job. The way they went about "letting me go" was fucked and still pisses me off if I think too much about it.

All this makes me realize we really need to hang out and vent in person... then play a game of dots or hangman. haha

Chase winters said...

Yes. I need to know what happened!!!