Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chest-first

I was seven years old the first time I held a knife to my chest.
I stood in the middle if the empty kitchen, and held the knife directly above the spot on my chest where I would rest my hand each morning during the Pledge of Allegiance.
I knew I wouldn't be strong enough to push it trough, so I though that maybe if I fell on the knife, it would work.
Just as I was seconds away from diving to the floor, chest-first, my mom walked into the kitchen.
***

"You're going to remember those words you just said and they're going to eat away at you once I'm dead!"
That's IF you die before I do... Then MY words are going to haunt YOU.

The countdown is on... and I'm preeeety sure I'm gonna win this one.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

This worries me. Do you need to talk? Are you ok???

Mooney said...

I'm with Kelley...do you need to talk and vent? *hugs*

AnoMALIE said...

I'm afraid I'd be unable to talk due to the huge knot in my throat. The only thing coming out of my body would be uncontrollable sobs.
I'll be fine in like... three days.

I'll explain myself in my next post.