Sunday, December 4, 2011

Queens Coffee

Pacemaker: I'm so excited! For the first time, I actually met my new year's resolution!
Me: That's great!
What... was her resolution?
Pacemaker: Yeah! I'm shocked that I actually had the time to visit all 10 new cities.
Me: You did?
Pacemaker: Yeah. Let's see, I went to Miami, Miami Beach, West Palm Beach,
(I giggle)
Pacemaker: What?
Me: Nothing, nothing... just that... you're considering "Miami Beach" a different city?
Pacemaker: Yes...
Me: Ok... if you say so.
Pacemaker: Then I went to New York, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens...
(I laugh this time)
Pacemaker: What?
Me: You went to Queens? When?!
Pacemaker: I went... to a little coffee shop there.
(I laugh even harder. The pause made it more than obvious she was lying. We practically had to give her a wheel-chair ride to Brooklyn because her lazy ass was getting too tired walking around the pier and nearly quit before walking across THE FUCKING BRIDGE)
Me: Wow. I never met someone who wanted to find a coffee shop in QUEENS. The time I spent there I just wanted to get the fuck out ASAP. Though I DO have that fond memory of that girl spitting her chewed-off nails onto my pants as we rode the subway. Still, I don't mark Queens as a place I hit.

I appear snotty, don't I? I come off as a little snobby bitch... but see, Pacemaker has been rubbing me the wrong way for a while now. Since the wedding back in October, things have been rocky in Pacemaker-AnoMALIE Friendship Land.
I don't know what the FUCK is her problem, but she has taken it upon herself to brag about EVERYTHING of hers, and to belittle everything of mine.
She talked shit about my degree, talked shit about my job (which I no longer have, but I dare not tell her, for obvious reasons), talked shit about my dad's business, talked shit about my family's vehicles, talked shit about my brother's job... it's just REALLY fucking aggravating me.
I haven't straight up told her to shut her fucking mouth and watch the way she speaks to me, but I'm probably two phone calls away from doing it.
I'm sick of her bragging, so I'm becoming an eight year old and making her feel uneasy with my ridiculing giggles.

I'm not too fond of bragging (I'm sure it's not too obvious here, since I feel I brag a lot when I blog... but that's only because it's probably the only place where I share anything at all... since in person I turn into a timid mute), but her little list of "10 New Cities" got my gears turning. I could have shut her up, and proceeded with MY list of cities I visited, but I kept my trap shut. Instead, I made the list for myself.
So, for my OWN viewing pleasure, my list of (some not so new) cities visited in 2011, went like this:

  1. NYC
  2. Princeton, NJ
  3. Chicago, Il
  4. Washington DC
  5. Atlanta, GA
  6. Los Angeles, CA 

Honorable mention to Milwaukee, WI, place where I had a layover, twice, which lasted about three hours each time, so I went ahead and tried legit Milwaukee food... i.e. their motherfucking BOMB cheese.
Second honorable mention to Boston, MA, place where I had a layover of about two hours... then got stranded on the plane as a freak tornado ripped through the city. That was intense... and made me realize I have to hit that city next chance I get. Something about nearly losing your life in a city makes you realize you have to pay your proper respects to the area some time in the future.

Anyway, while it's not anything like Pacemaker's 10-city list, it's a list I really did enjoy... and a list I totally didn't just half-ass.
Miami Beach.... get the fuck outta here.

2 comments:

Chases Winters said...

Boston. My dad loves Boston (take a walk through ha-va-ahd ya-hd.

..
I think she's probably jealous of how good you look. :( Which if that's what's causing it is pretty sad.

Here's my cities list:

Rhyolite NV! (there' actually something out there in that dhost town 2 hours away you'd wanna see.. an art installation of sorts)
Lake Tahoe, NV
San Francisco, CA
Hollywood/Beverly Hills, CA
Laughlin (hahaha,, I shouldn't include that)

AnoMALIE said...

If ever in Boston, I'll try taking a stroll through Haavaahd Yahd without crying. hahaha although I never did apply to that school, so the sadness shouldn't overpower me like it did in stupid NYU.

I think you're right about Pacemaker, which doesn't make me sad, it just makes me angry that she'd be such a little cunt like that.

And your list is pretty (this is my first year not visiting San Francisco... booo)! Even with Laughlin-- they have some good buffets down there! haha