Friday, December 30, 2011

The mean year

I always mention this, because it's certainly true in my case: you learn something new every day.
Now, I could make a list of every single new thing I learned this year, but who the fuck would want to read that? Not I, that's for sure. So, I'll try to keep it short... only mention the more prominent shit.

Things AnoMALIE learned in 2011:
* I don't take rejection well.
Yeah. That was a lovely lesson. I should add that I only react poorly when my heart is fully involved. I really wanted this grad school shit... REALLY, not only because it's my true love, but because it was my last ticket out of here. My last ticket to freedom.
Seeing that shit vanish in the matter of a few minutes destroyed me. My wings were clipped.

*Carbohydrates are your friend.
This one too comes with a disclaimer. Complex carbohydrates are my friend... in small amounts. See, carbs are my number one foe... because the moment I chomp on some bread... some beautiful, delicious, wonderful bread... I burst at the seams.
However, the moment I delete carbs from my diet is the moment I start head hunting motherfuckers.
I hate complicated relationships. And I love cupcakes. And I hate people.

*Life does not get better when you lose weight.
In fact, I'd say it gets worse.

*I'm hell of bitter and mean.
Yo. We all know this... but this year even I would take a step back and think "Holy shit, AnoMALIE, that wasn't cool. Chill!" Terrible.

*I love painting!
I had never tried canvas, and duuuuude! I was missing out! I fucking love this shit!

*I will never enjoy taking off, or landing, when in an airplane.
That shit always gets me nervous. I always think the damn plane will explode. This year, I boarded so many damn planes, I was constantly worrying... about the plane exploding... and about possibly suffering an embolism from a blood clot.  This or that, dude.

*Losing your faith... sucks.
That's all I'll say about that.

* I have lost the battle with Bachata. 
This year solidified my fucking fascination with that shit. It's hard to accept, due to my downright hatred of the genre... since I first hear of it back when I was 15. Eleven years to warm up to something... Eh, I'll take it. I give props where props are due, and this genre has some great singers... and their stupid little corny love (wow, enough adjectives there, AnoMALIE? I'd always get busted for that shit, and I'm finally understanding why. But I can't help it) lyrics are sometimes very touching. There. I said it.
Currently, I'm addicted to this song, and each time it comes on the radio (so I have yet to FULLY give in to the point of actually PURCHASING bachata music... though I have transferred a track or two off D's library into my phone) I nearly go deaf from cranking up the volume.

 That song is so gorgeous (shit, even the people IN the video. I don't swing that way, but Romeo's chick is fucking beautiful... I definitely wouldn't mind looking like her. Then there's Romeo and Usher-- I've always had a thing for those two). "Trying to be calm but my chest keeps pounding, Try to swim but it’s like I’m drowning…" fuck yeah, count me in!

*Lift. Heavy.
ROAR!

*If you smile and bat your eyelashes at a dude... he'll usually help you out.
Solid. Took me damn long enough to learn this.

This list is long enough. I'm tired and my nose is running (TMI? I don't give a shit).

Name for this year?
2011: The MEAN Year!

Fuck you, man. Good riddance.

No comments: