Friday, May 18, 2012

Comedic Girl

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this one here yet, but I have a hidden talent.
The talent used to be an every-day occasion, but as I got older, I just quit trying.
The talent?
I'm really good with impersonations. I imitate others quite... well.
I was far better at it as a kid, however, since I had a tendency to do it quite regularly.

Back when I was a happier person, say, from kindergarten up until second grade, I would practically have my own stand-up routine during recess with my friends. They'd sit on a bench as I'd imitate people for ten minutes straight.
It was seriously a show... and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I imitated guys and girls, celebrities and regular folk.

Impersonations are quite simple, since I'm more of an observer. 
I just need to watch a person for a bit, and probably after being in their presence for longer than an hour, I'll have their mannerisms down.
I cooled it with the imitating after elementary school, I blame it on my moodiness and how miserable I felt in high school and shit like that.

I don't think this ability of mine to imitate is THAT hard to believe, since all you really have to do is sit around for a while and listen to me talk. I tend to change my voice when speaking. I'll copy someone's tone of voice, or some obvious mannerism of theirs... I usually do this subconsciously.

ANYWAY!
I always thought this little power was only inherited by me... because no one else exhibited this behavior besides me. I get this from my pops side of the family, where all the guys have this ability (obviously I'm the only girl)... all the guys except for my brother... 
Then I woke up this morning, to see this:
Beyond confused when I saw this first thing in the morning... uncanny resemblance.
Ha. Better late than never.
He is FRIGHTENINGLY good...
Sadly, I'm repulsed, since the guy he's imitating is a HUGE crush of mine.
Guy will now remind me of my brother.

Excuse me, I have to go wash off the gross now.

No comments: