Thursday, May 17, 2012

Not-So-Perfect Girl

My bad, I got a little carried away with my cleaning.
Yeah, I'm doing that cheating thing where I say I posted this on a certain day, but I actually completed it after midnight, so technically it's the next day.

Anyway, looks like tomorrow will be a packed day. I get to visit the airport twice to pick up my people.
The good thing in all this is that Mom's throwing a carne asada for the family... so it'll be a nice get together... with my favorite type of protein (beef tenderloin... oh baby!) for me to enjoy.

The weeding weekend festivities officially began today, and how did I ring it in?
By fighting. Duh.
No physical injuries were handed out, just verbal arguments between me and my super outspoken cousin-- the brother of the groom, the Best Man.
Of fucking course.
Now, we're really cool, seriously. He's outspoken and blunt, and often times his big mouth infuriates me and causes me to argue to the point of nearly breaking out in tears... but in the end, apologies are handed and accepted.
I actually enjoy his company, because he too is one of those guys that keeps me grounded. He does not coddle me... at all... for shit. He is BRUTALLY honest.

Last night, we began the argument because he went on some drunken spiel over how girls don't know shit about sports, and if they know ANYTHING it's only because of the guys on their Twitter/FB feed who constantly rant about sports. I told him I took offense to that, because I've known my shit since I was a toddler... and all thanks to my mother, too. 
The argument escalated once he touched my hot button:
So, if you know so much about sports, cook amazing food (so I'm guilty of Instagraming my food once or twice), like such a broad spectrum of music... basically the perfect girl, why is it YOU'RE SINGLE?
Oh HELL NO! NO! No you didn't! Watch your mouth, perro. FUCK YOU!
So I said what first popped into my head... since I was so startled and pissed.
Because guys like crazy slutty bitches with big fake tits and even bigger fucking baggage!

The argument carried over to today.
So exhausting to argue with this guy... especially once I get all emotionally invested in the argument and make my traumas evident like that. It sucks dick, you guys.

So... in an attempt to clear my mind, and silence my subconscious which was demanding answers to my cousin's question, Yeah, WHY are you, single AnoMALIE? Why didn't you cop to your shortcomings, huh? Because he's RIGHT, huh? Fuck you, Brain! I went ahead and cleaned my wing of the house... I'm talking bloody fingertips once again.
I did all that shit as I rocked a red pucker. That's right, I put some lipstick on and proceeded to scrub tubs, toilets, and floors (in my defense, this only happened because I went shopping for some last-minute makeup for the wedding festivities... and I purchased this awesome red liquid lipstick that is INCREDIBLE. I look like a legit adult when I wear it).
Mmm... feels good to be a girl... with issues... who ISN'T perfect. Yeah.

No comments: